Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2006 10:01:26 AM EDT
I asked this question in the M1a forum, but decided to ask here to get a broader survey before buying. I am looking for a scout scope for under $300. It is going to be mounted on my M1a with Ultimak scout rail, primarily for deer season. I like the option of a variable power, but am not opposed to a fixed low power. My two biggest concerns are quality of glass and durability (including holding zero).

I have narrowed it down to the below scopes, but welcome any other suggestions.

Burris 2-7x32. Pros - $280, Ballistic Plex reticle, variable power, lifetime warranty.

Bushnell 2-6x32 Elite 3200. Pros - $265, lifetime warranty, variable power, Firefly reticle (which seems like a great option to me for early morning).

Leupold 2.5x28 FX-II Scout. Pros - $260, light weight (only 7.5oz), lifetime warranty.

Nikon 2.5-8x28 Monarch. Pros - $290, variable power, lifetime warranty.

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Leupold on a Finn M39 in 7.62x54R, and a Swiss K31 (about the same as a .308). Both have done well. The K31 has had about 1000 rounds through it with the scope on it and has held it's zero the whole time. Very repeatable adjustments. Very clear glass.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I too have the Leupold and its a great piece of glass. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Burris though, I've never had a problem with any of their scopes. I'm considering selling my Leupold though and go with an Aimpoint ML2 2X. I through my ML2 on my Steyr Scout, just for grins, and really liked the way I could pick up the red dot faster. The ML2 2X would be the best of both worlds, alittle magnification and the speedness of a red dot. Justy .02.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top