Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 7:45:00 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has the new MP5ish carbine from professional arms.  Its basically a semi-auto SBR MP5 clone that is interchangeable between 9mm, .40, and .45.  It's pretty cool.  I'd pine for one but I'm not into pistol caliber carbines.  But I am interested in feedback from users.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Website said '07 or something.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder why it's so hard to produce HK clones.  I mean..  I don't know about the pistols, but the long guns are crude designs.

It would seem like machining an AR lower would be more technical than Stamping and welding.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:23:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe the tooling for an MP5 receiver requires something between 15 to 20 progressive stamping dies.  It's not simple in the least.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:26:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I believe the tooling for an MP5 receiver requires something between 15 to 20 progressive stamping dies.  It's not simple in the least.

Just ask Ohio Rapid Fire how "easy" it's been for them.

Anyone have a link for this new one?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just ask Ohio Rapid Fire how "easy" it's been for them.

I'm assuming it hasn't been easy which is my point.  What makes the HKs so hard to copy?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like they made some real improvements to the platform making it more than just a clone.

Truly multi caliber, barrel changes at the user level and a magwell designed to take ump mags which despite caliber are uniform in terms of the way they fit in to the magwell.

Very Slick

If the firearm is quality, them I’m impressed

Web site
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, if they offer a .22 option I'll buy one and SBR it.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top