Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 1:25:09 PM EDT
I'm considering getting out of M14's completely.

There, I've said it.

I like the gun and all, but looking around in the past few years, I've noticed that the prices for USGI parts and mags have gone through the roof. The Armscorp build that I have is made with all GI parts, except for the trigger group and receiver.

Does this make the thing too expensive to shoot? I'm beginning to think that this rifle is going to become a safe queen real fast, as it costs too much for good mags and replacement parts.

What should I do?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There, I've said it.

I like the gun and all, but looking around in the past few years, I've noticed that the prices for USGI parts and mags have gone through the roof. The Armscorp build that I have is made with all GI parts, except for the trigger group and receiver.

Does this make the thing too expensive to shoot? I'm beginning to think that this rifle is going to become a safe queen real fast, as it costs too much for good mags and replacement parts.

What should I do?

You should, spend some time searching for USGI parts and build 1-2 more rifles. Pick up 10-20 CMI mags, SA ammo and enjoy these wonderfully fun guns
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

There, I've said it.

What should I do?

What are you gonna buy if you sell it?  I'd like to know before I say sell, ya or ney (sp).
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You have bought into the internet hype.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What are you gonna buy if you sell it?  I'd like to know before I say sell, ya or ney (sp).

Not sure. Ammo prices being what they are, I am considering adding another AR and AK to my collection, although I have read good things about the PTR91's.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I would keep it.  It is a nice shooter and as for parts and mags, do you really go through that many parts and mags?  I just don't see where this is significant unless you are wanting to just trade it on something else.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Parts wear out but unless there really worn already there's alot of life to that rifle the way it is.
Just the same, if your even thinking about safe queening it because, than you should probably sell it and get a rifle you wouldn't be so worried about enjoying more as it's a shame to make that rifle a wasted safe queen.
Let someone else enjoy it and you enjoy another in it's place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top