Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2006 4:10:24 PM EDT
Alrighty, im looking into buying a new Thompson. Its an Auto Ordinance M27 (im not shure on the year designation) semi auto. Anywho, I just whanted to know basicly how relaible these guys are and how dificult it is to strip em down. Im looking at $1300 for one with a foward pistol grip, 30round stick 50 round drum and a violin case. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have heard mixed reviews on the new ones by KAHR arms.  $1300 lets see $120 for the drum on gunbroker or Ebay $90 for the case on Ebay or gunstore, so your paying $1000 for the rifle and mag...I think you can do better if it is a Kahr arms repo they sell for 750-800..

I would take a look through shotgun News and check auction arms and gunbroker

Good luck tommy guns are beautiful to look at and fun to shoot

What are the odds our post # are the same???
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Dang, That's a Goocher!    
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have heard mixed reviews on the new ones by KAHR arms.  $1300 lets see $120 for the drum on gunbroker or Ebay $90 for the case on Ebay or gunstore, so your paying $1000 for the rifle and mag...I think you can do better if it is a Kahr arms repo they sell for 750-800..

I would take a look through shotgun News and check auction arms and gunbroker

Good luck tommy guns are beautiful to look at and fun to shoot

Well i was on the site and it seems im perty much paying MSRP, it is the "gangster" style one and not a mil-spec. Its not too much the cost thats getting me (i will pay a few extra bucks for it since im buying from a mkom and pop gun store, i like supporting local business). Im just mostly wondering about quality and such.
And about that post cound thing, kinda cool
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an auto ordenace pre Kahr one and it runs great but It only shoots FMJ ball well hollow points it chokes every time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Go for it they`re fun guns. Most of the issues with the SA Thompsons are with ammo and mags. You have to shoot 230gr BALL ammo thru them, nothing else will do. Also try a bunch of different mags some will work with your gun some won`t.

I have a West Hurley SA Thompson that has close to 10K rounds thru it. For the most part its been great.

Also try machinegunbooks.com
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]
That prices seems a bit high.

You may be better off buying a used one after having a chance to test it out to ensure it actually works.

As suggested above, check out the following for additional information:
http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/index.php
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top