Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2006 4:03:52 PM EDT
VX-III 3.5-10x50mm.  I put it upfor trade in the EE for an ACOG and had no bites so I guess I'm stuck with it. I have a Robinson XCR and am now thinking of mounting it to that. My question is if there is some kind of standard of overkill? I mean is it acceptable to to put a high powerd scope on a Military style assault rifle? Is this accepted in the ar15 community? any suggestions would be appreciated. I also have a flattop M4gery
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
3.5x isn't too much power if you keep it on low and you can crank it up to shoot at paper.  Might look a little funny though.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a full-blown hunting scope, and a BIG ONE at that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]
What's acceptable on your rifle is whatever you want to use and can serve you best.
A .223 XCR is still a carbine though and better at close in and only has so much effective range that you'd ever use it for where you would be better served by just using a larger caliber, more suited for longer range rifle at the distances where that scope is really meant for.
If you just can't see your target without it that's understandable, some people have better vision than others, but you lose so much speed in acquisition compared to an Eotech or Aimpoint that uses that light and fast, low recoiling capability the XCR offers for close shooting by using a lower field of view, limited eye relief, variable powered scope.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
you, my friend, need a .308
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
That is an awesome scope, I do not care what it is on, DAMN I wish I had a couple of them
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#6]
put it on egay or snipershide.com and sell it
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I checked back three months for your sell I did not find it. How much were U asking for it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I checked back three months for your sell I did not find it. How much were U asking for it?

It's in the WTTFor an ACOG of some type. I have red dot sights but would like something w/ a little power for the XCR.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
you, my friend, need a .308

I have a 300 win mag that I never shoot. I want to use the scope or trade it for something I will use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top