Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2006 1:45:29 PM EDT
I have decided to get a AK47 from Atlantic Firearms. I want the option of being able to switch back and forth from a wood stock and a folding stock. I am going to buy the Vector Classic with wood funiture and also buy a folding stock on the side.

My question is in doing this, buying it with the wood stock and then throwing on a folding stock, if a ban were to come back would I be able to leave the folding stock on it or would I have to put the wood furniture on it and leave it that way? I hate asking "what if" ban questions as I'm really hoping nothing ever happens but I wasn't sure if it was sold in wood stock form if that's the way it would be registered.

After the 1994 ban went into affect could you leave folding or collapsible stocks on rifles that weren't sold with them or in that configuration?

Is this a matter that there can be no answer to until something happens?

Link Posted: 6/21/2006 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you will likely be okay.  The stock and rifle will have been made in a non-ban timeframe.

If I am wrong I will send you cigarettes in jail.
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's like the 94 ban was written, you'll be fine -- the rifle was manufactured pre-ban, therefore any pre-ban accessories are allowed.  You could buy it with a fixed stock now and after they pass a new ban you could put a folder on it if you wanted...IF it is written like the '94 ban was.
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
just pray there won't be another ban...I have a feeling if there is another AWB, the libtards will word it so that the parts will be illegal, regardless of pre-ban status.
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the answers. I'm going to go see my FFL transferer very soon. This will be my first AK and from what I've read the Vector Classics are A-Ok.  

Still waiting to hear from him about the Robinson armament XCR. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Then I'll be waiting for the new HK 45.  

Then I'm hoping for the AUG A3 and/or the Tavor.  

Then I'm setting back and looking at all of my accumilated debt.      
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, but zombies make guns priceless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top