Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 2:03:52 AM EDT
I went in looking for .44 mag pistols and found a desert eagle .44 mag, it is a blued model with 3 mags in good shape. $690.+tax.

Are these things fun? If i dont like it could i get my money back out of the thing? I know they are supposed to be loud in .50ae but do the .44 mags still put out the huge flash and sound?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I sold mine in .44 mag. It was fun for a while but got old fast.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#2]
buddy of mine had 1 and it was great. accurate,but heavy. the muzzle blast didnt seem as bad as a Redhawk or Smith,so dont think it should be a factor. they are gas operated,so recoil was very manageable. i think 690 bucks is a good deal,and you should get your money back if you decide to get rid of it. the DE is a stout weapon which should hold up for years,its built like a tank. good luck and have fun.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The .50 I played with seemed like just a little too much for me. I think a .44 Desert Eagle would be a great, fun toy to have, even if it doesn't make a good concealed carry gun. About $700 is a good price as long as it's in good shape.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one in .50ae. Been planning to get the .44 conversion for it but haven't gotten to it yet.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]
The one I last handled felt large in my hand, and heavy.  They are pretty wicked tho and as said should hold value.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have one in .50ae. Been planning to get the .44 conversion for it but haven't gotten to it yet.

nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/de/deside.sized.jpg

-Foxxz

You should get the 44mag for it.  That would be sweet.  And be sure to let your roomate shoot it too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I like mine a lot.  

Matte chrome in .50AE.

The fact that they weigh a ton goes a long way in controlling the recoil.  

I have the shoulder rig, but I have not found it to be particularly well suited for concealed carry.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Once you fire one of these.......

the Desert Eagle just doesn't do it..................
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#10]
desertmoon: Box of AMT ammo is worth some value as a collectors item.  As a matter of fact, any of the original AMT Automag ammo loaded by the Mexican subsidieary of Winchester CDM, is very collectible.

I have a Desert Eagle in both 357Rem & 44Rem Mag.  357 is much easier to shoot because there is less recoil and muzzle blast.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I got one in 2000.  It's been a neat gun, and always gets attention at the range.  It's been generally pretty reliable, but I did have some issues with it early on that have been fixed.  As for flash and sound, it's very loud and produces an amazing flash - especially at night!  It definatly prefers 240 grain rounds over 180 grain, and ypu have to shoot jacketed rounds through it due to lead shear off in the gas port.

-K
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:02:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one in .44 Mag.  Neat gun, but I'm having some issues with it which I'm still working out.  Best bet on ammo:  Remington UMC 180 gr. JSP ammo.  It's about the hottest commercial load I've found.  Pretty impressive flash and boom.

That is a pretty terrific price if it's in good shape.  Hell the mags are $40 each.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top