Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 6:09:51 PM EDT
I'm wondering about th accuracy that Y'all are able to get our of yours.  I took mine out today and was only able to get 5"-6" groups at 100 yards.  This was with Remington UMC 115 grain FMC rounds.  

I know that it's not a sniper rifle, but I would like to know how far from the norm this is.  The reason I'm asking is that I had a mishap a while back while cleaning it resulting in a broken rod and some scratches/gouges down the inside of the barrel.  I learned my lesson and I only use one piece coated rods for everything else, but the damage was done.  

I will try other ammo soon and see what the results are, but in the meantime, how accurate are yours?

-K
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I can do 4" at 100 yards with WWB 115 grain JHP.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I get about that at 100yds with my .40 and a bit better say 4" to 5" with the 9mm... using my loads... WWB 9MM and UMC .40 180grain are about the same...maybe a bit worse. honestly I hardly shoot them at 100yds... to me their more a 25 to 50 yard gun anyway... either will produce one ragged hole at 25 and open up just a bit more at 50. One thing that helped mine a BUNCH was getting 400-500 rds through them... the triggers were much nicer and made accurate shooting easier once broken in.

John
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:56:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I can do 4" at 100 yards with WWB 115 grain JHP.

+1 for me. Just like the old Michelob commercials, Some Days are Better Than Others.
I opt to shoot at 50 and 25 yards as it is more realistic of the sub2k's realistic potential. Maybe try a variety of different ammo, it may prefer a certain grain over another, WWB over UMC, etc to tighten up the groupings.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!  I'll try with some other loads when I get to the range next week.  FWIW, I also noticed that the trigger has improved since I bought it.  Quite a bit actually.

-K
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I get about that at 100yds with my .40 and a bit better say 4" to 5" with the 9mm... using my loads... WWB 9MM and UMC .40 180grain are about the same...maybe a bit worse. honestly I hardly shoot them at 100yds... to me their more a 25 to 50 yard gun anyway... either will produce one ragged hole at 25 and open up just a bit more at 50. One thing that helped mine a BUNCH was getting 400-500 rds through them... the triggers were much nicer and made accurate shooting easier once broken in.

John

Did you dryfire it at all?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Did you dryfire it at all?

Nope... just shot umhave
John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top