Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 2:50:47 PM EDT
http://www.rhinelandarms.com/R22/mpics/R22leftsideanglehighres.jpg

Rhineland Arms

How are they? What sort of mags do you use in them? What are accuracy/weight/ergonomics like? How would you compare it to a Ruger 10/22?

I must admit, their AR57 is also very pretty.
http://www.rhinelandarms.com/57/pics/574.jpg
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a number of us here that have R22s. Some early ones and some newer versions. I think the latest have had great luck with Butler Creek hot lips and steel lips mags. I think most ammo will run good in the newer ones. I have good luck with Federal Game Shock.

Do a search and you will finds lots of good threads.

Added:

The buttstocks suck....they are cheap and flimsy and some have had them break. I consider that the weak link. RA has taken care of that on the newest models, so that isn't an issue anymore...from what I understand.

I bought mine, played with it a bit....then sold it to my buddy that (at the time) couldn't live without. I have just recently traded and got it back...I am excited about it because I am going to chang ethe stock out. RA doesn't have their stock adaptors done yet, so I am going to modify something myself to make it workout.....but I like doing this kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Why, thank you! It sounds like a decent little rifle for a decent price. And the looks are certainly up there! Now, I just have to figure out a way to hide/camoflague those horribly ugly Butler Creek mags.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Well it certianly looks good. Too bad they dont make other calibers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine. I have a first gen rifle and it works great with BC steel lip hi-cap mag.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
How much are they?  I can't find a price.

Also says they use a bolt hold open...thats VERY nice.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been corresponding with Thomas, the guy in charge of Rhineland Arms.  He's been good natured and professional despite my onslaught of questions.  Currently, I'm lining up to get one of the AR5.7s as soon as they come out.

The price he quoted me for the new generation R22 a bit ago was 375 USD.  Probably still the same.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Keep in mind the bolt hold open does not work on the last round, it's manual. (Still cool though).
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if the new bolt hold open is located on the magwell area. Maybe those of us who have one without could just buy an upgraded magwell??????

I know it is just manual, but it would be handy..hell, I could probably "Gun Room Engineer" something too...haha

I am excited about this project again, I put a M4 style stock on it last night and a forearm rail with a vertical grip....I also stuck my modified HK SL8 iron sights back on it. It is looking kinda cool now. In my eyes anyway.

I'm not trying to pretend this is something that it's not.....it is just fun making my plinker more like my centerfire SHTF guns.....way more fun to shot that way.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered a Gen III last week.  I hope Thomas can get me my gun in a reasonable time frame.  
I work in a precision machine shop - so I am planning on making my own buttstock out of billit alum. I cant decide if I want a skeletonized one or a collapsable . . .
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Just in case you wanted to see what I was talking about a couple posts up....my additions to my R22

Click here...for my thread with pics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top