Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 9:58:22 PM EDT
the last time i shot it everything was fine. . went to the range saturday and it wouldn't shoot.
the primers had a shallow but noticeable indent.  Tried both factory AND handloads.
Anybody have any clue what this could be? i keep the gun immaculate clean - it happens to be my favorite rifle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:35:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Replace the firing pin spring.

Charles.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Replace the firing pin spring.

Charles.  

i forgot to mention that it's a brand new rifle with about 250 rounds through it
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#3]
It really does not matter how new it may be. I have seen many brand new guns with weak/bad springs, bad extractors, excessive headspace, etc.

You could send it back to Ruger. But I expect they will replace the firing pin spring.

Charles.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#5]
i'm gonna try soaking it in solvent overnight and see if it works.

what i'll do is load a primer into a casing and test it that way after i soak the bolt.

thanks for the useful input - i'll post up what happens in a day or so

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top