Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 7:13:56 AM EDT
How do you guys store your ammo/guns? I have always heard a cool/dry place like you would have in a basement. My uncle runs a dehumidifier near his safe with his guns and ammo, and also has a heat stick in his safe with the guns. Most of his ammo he has stored away in surplus Army ammo cans. Do you guys think this is sufficent, or do you have some better ideas?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How do you guys store your ammo/guns? I have always heard a cool/dry place like you would have in a basement. My uncle runs a dehumidifier near his safe with his guns and ammo, and also has a heat stick in his safe with the guns. Most of his ammo he has stored away in surplus Army ammo cans. Do you guys think this is sufficent, or do you have some better ideas?

For half of the year, my basement is anything but dry.  I have a GoldenRod in my safe which does a great job.  My only concern is the temperature inside the safe during summer.  The GoldenRod increases it by a couple degrees.

Ammo cans are cheap and work great.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I am in NC as well.  I use the same exact thing your uncle uses without any other problems.  Get a good safe and some surplus ammo cans.  Hell where are you at?   I have some extras ones in the garage that you can have if your willing to pick them up.

Max
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I live in the San Gabriel Valley(10 miles east of Los Angeles), and moisture & humidity is not a problem for me, so I just put CLP on the surface of my guns and put them into the safe.  All of my ammo is stored in 30 & 50 cal ammo cans because they are super stroong, you can stack them, and are waterproof if the gasket in between the lid and the body is intact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top