Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 2:28:31 PM EDT
I rarely get a shot off at over 250 but would like something that has the capability to do so if necessary. Also I want something that is simple and reliable to use, Im not a tinkerer and dont like to have to coerce my weapons to be reliable. I want to pull the trigger, have the gun go BANG and a hole appear where I pointed it, again and again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm very happy with my Armalite AR-10.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Steve at ADCO firearms. He does an upgrade of the AR-10 that yields a tack driver.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I think , it all depends on the size of the target at 500 yards. If it is a 12x12 target a regular old AR-10A4 will hit it no problem 9 times out of 10. If you want better than 1 MOA acurracy, I would consider the AR-10T, but you might be able to get there with just a trigger job and free floating an AR-10A4.

I have just a regular AR-10A4 but free floated barrel which rarely misses a 12x12 steel plate at 600 yards, what would really get it more acurrate would be if I could get a better trigger and if I reload for it. But I only reload for my accuracy international or other bolt guns.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:11:42 AM EDT
[#5]
well i am a big fan of the ar10, but i am sure a dpms lr308 will serve you well, just keep in mind that every weapon to include the Knights mk11 may develop a problem from time to time, you really have to think about the company that supports your weapon, Armalite has a great life time warrenty, dpms has a year,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top