Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 5:47:02 PM EDT
Anyone know when these might hit the market.  Both Military and civilian??

Just really interested.  would like to try one out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
$1,000,000 question. Reports are a few months for LE samples for upwards of 2 years for the Civvy model.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
No later than summer for the LE ARM rifles.

Debute of civilian model ARM rifles at SHOT 2007.

FN is very generous with their info if you e-mail them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#3]
just got off the phone with rep at FN.........the rifles will most likely NOT be called the ARM for civilians, as everyone has come to know them as the SCAR rifles, they will keep the name for military and civilians, FN has to fulfill there obligations first to the military and special forces(thought that was interesting as the gentleman said all branches are now looking at their rifle)they have to get the rifles out to SEALs so on and so on before selling to civies.....now he told me that the rifles will most likely be out by 2008 but hopefully sooner for civies....rifles will NOT be modular the SCAR H will be 308 only and the Light will be 223  with a 6.8 coming out later, weight of the heavy with a 16in and 20in civie barrel will be anywhere from 7 to 8 lbs but not more than that
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as the Military is concerned, all indications are that there is no clear direction at this time.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Only on ARFCom would rumors start that civilians would be getting their hands on a rifle within the year that is...

*drumroll please*

...still a prototype and not even fielded to SOCOM yet.

What is wrong with some of you? 2008-2009, people. Use your heads.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
all of a sudden we have many gun experts here, and unless you actually work in the FN plant and work closely on this project you dont know diddly so you know what..YOU use your head,  who says that it isnt fielded yet? how the hell do you know what is really going on?  when a rep tells you by 2008 hopefully sooner, I am going to go with what FN tells me and not by what some smart ass internet couch commando thinks....thanks , oh and by the way do you have such a big hair in your ass that it bothers you  a few people are actually EXCITED to see this rifle come out?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
all of a sudden we have many gun experts here, and unless you actually work in the FN plant and work closely on this project you dont know diddly so you know what..YOU use your head,  who says that it isnt fielded yet? how the hell do you know what is really going on?  when a rep tells you by 2008 hopefully sooner, I am going to go with what FN tells me and not by what some smart ass internet couch commando thinks....thanks , oh and by the way do you have such a big hair in your ass that it bothers you  a few people are actually EXCITED to see this rifle come out?

Don't be such a drama queen.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Only on ARFCom would rumors start that civilians would be getting their hands on a rifle within the year that is...

*drumroll please*

...still a prototype and not even fielded to SOCOM yet.

What is wrong with some of you? 2008-2009, people. Use your heads.

Always make sure you know what you're talking about before you post. There is no substitute for actual information that comes straight from the people who are capable of supplying fact. Call or e-mail FN as I have, then you can rag on ArfCom and it's "rumors".

I've heard a few different things, but I never heard that the ARM/SCAR-H won't be modular, or that the name "ARM" has been officially dumped. Here's an e-mail from FN with personal info edited out.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#9]
sounds good the sooner the better I want a SCAR H bad....I know its weird I asked point blank about the modularity of the rifle and that is what the rep told me....  SCAR H will be 762.51 ONLY.....and the name they were sticking with was SCAR...who the hell really knows again just what i HEARD from a rep....not some DRUM ROLL PLEASE,  internet commando couch potatoe
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone know if it will take AR mags? Also, will be cost limbs like the FS2000 and PS90?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anyone know if it will take AR mags?

Yeah, it will.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone know if it will take AR mags?

Yeah, it will.  

good. Hope the guns are inexpensive too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#13]
found this on another forum.......

Just wanted to shoot some info out to anyone who is anxiously waiting for FNH to come out with the civilian version of the SCAR rifles like I am. A couple of months ago I sent an email to Mr. Paul Evancoe, who is the dircetor of military operations for FNH USA and inquired about the possible production time of the SCAR rifles and he replied with this.....

"Bob, we are considering offering a semi-auto version of both the SCAR-L and the SCAR-H perhaps during 07. We will likely offer both the Light and the Heavy with the 3 barrel lengths (CQC, Assault and SV) so you will have the option to change barrels and quickly tailor the gun to meet your needs. I suspect that we will initially offer the SCAR-L in 5.56 NATO followed by 6.8 Rem. The Heavy will be offered initially in 7.62 NATO followed by 7.62x39. All you'll need to do to change calibers is change the barrel, the bolt face and the magazine which takes about 3 minutes. Thanks for your interest. Stay tuned. r, paul"

Hope this helps out some......
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#14]
SCAR Taggage.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
found this on another forum.......

Just wanted to shoot some info out to anyone who is anxiously waiting for FNH to come out with the civilian version of the SCAR rifles like I am. A couple of months ago I sent an email to Mr. Paul Evancoe, who is the dircetor of military operations for FNH USA and inquired about the possible production time of the SCAR rifles and he replied with this.....

"Bob, we are considering offering a semi-auto version of both the SCAR-L and the SCAR-H perhaps during 07. We will likely offer both the Light and the Heavy with the 3 barrel lengths (CQC, Assault and SV) so you will have the option to change barrels and quickly tailor the gun to meet your needs. I suspect that we will initially offer the SCAR-L in 5.56 NATO followed by 6.8 Rem. The Heavy will be offered initially in 7.62 NATO followed by 7.62x39. All you'll need to do to change calibers is change the barrel, the bolt face and the magazine which takes about 3 minutes. Thanks for your interest. Stay tuned. r, paul"

Hope this helps out some......

This is good news.  From what I've read up to the present, the "heavy" was reportedly to be the multi-caliber model, although the common architecture would have the "light" likewise capable.  The 6.8 was also spoken of in regards to the ARM recently.  I'd hypothesize that the -L will do 5.56 & 6.8 duty, leaving the -H to push 7.62x39 & 7.62x51.  Just an edumacated guess.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:01:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope they can get this out in 06 but if not, I will get the XCR and Sig this year and then the Scar L and H next year.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I hope they can get this out in 06 but if not, I will get the XCR and Sig this year and then the Scar L and H next year.

damn all three eh.

Anyone have a ballpark price? Over a grand you think?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Based purely on the all the conjecture, & on the way they're making them, I'd guesstimate ~$1500.00.  Of course, if FN's output capacity is anything like it has been for the PS90 (God forbid), expect that to double.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Feel free to disbelieve, but I know someone who works at Jane's; he's a gun nut with a gun-nut job (breakfast w/Larue); I ran into him after not seeing him for a few months. We got to talking, and he also stated that FN is bringing out a civ. version of the SCAR heavy.

I consider him a reliable source.

That said, note that FN has not been shy about letting SPRs, five-sevens, and other goodies hit the civilian market, unlike HK - bodes well for the future!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Based purely on the all the conjecture, & on the way they're making them, I'd guesstimate ~$1500.00.  Of course, if FN's output capacity is anything like it has been for the PS90 (God forbid), expect that to double.

Damn. I figured it might of been cheaper for the reasions that its going to be mass produced for the military AND civis. Its also Using .223 ammunition and more conventional parts and such unlike the highly unique PS90 and somewhat unique f2000
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#21]
One can hope...............I am gonna get either that or a SIG 556, so I hope the prices are comparable....limited funds and I gotta make them count

quote]Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn. I figured it might of been cheaper for the reasions that its going to be mass produced for the military AND civis. Its also Using .223 ammunition and more conventional parts and such unlike the highly unique PS90 and somewhat unique f2000
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#22]

God, I love FN.  There was just a show on the Military Channel the other day, and they showed the FN plant in South Carolina.

No doubt Southern Pride lives well in that plant!

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#23]
anyone have pics of then gun besides the same 6 or 7 media pics?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#24]
the show was GI Factory. They showed the M16 being built.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
the show was GI Factory. They showed the M16 being built.

That's it!

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#26]
This week they are going to Beretta to watch the M9 being built.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top