Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 11:53:13 AM EDT
I have a mint Winchester Ranger model 94 16" trapper, and was wondering if a saddle ring can be added? I don't know the year of production but would guess mid 70s, it is 30-30 caliber.
TIA
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#1]
BTDT

What I did was add a sling mount to the side of the stock
and insert a ring, It just was easier to do.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a mint Winchester Ranger model 94 16" trapper, and was wondering if a saddle ring can be added? I don't know the year of production but would guess mid 70s, it is 30-30 caliber.
TIA

Check here for year of manufacture:

If it is mid-70s you shouldn't hurt the value too much...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#3]
If its a true top eject version (non angle eject)--I personally wouldn't do it---with the "plant closing" and "no more 94's" crap starting, you may see a decent increase in value for even the post 64's---especially the pre-angle ejects and pre-safety models. The earlier trappers have always had a following.
I know alot of purists that refuse to buy any safety models, and dislike the angle eject ones, but will purchase if the price is right. I sold off several 94's a while back, down to 3, and am sorry now---the used racks are getting slim  in this area of the country. Even though there are millions out there, how many "minty" older models are among them? Most older used ones have had a hard life around here. My guess is artificially inflated values are on the horizon, and i'm on the lookout for good examples at still good prices---they're cheap investments.
something to think about for now. My 2 cents
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Checking my serial #5392XXX, maybe its newer than I thought! Is this gun an angle eject?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Checking my serial #5392XXX, maybe its newer than I thought! Is this gun an angle eject?

IMHO go for broke it will only be called a period modification in 150 years and by then you will have quit caring long ago . Of course it will never show up as factory ......But it's a ranger AE BFD make it however you like it!!!

Years ago when I worked at the "Sports Castle" downtown Denver we had a guy come in w/ a takedown "Rifle" full octogon ..."I want to mount a sight on her .......    ....   ..   .   "YOU what"

customer was always right and we reducded his awsome collector piece to "just ashame"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top