Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 12:08:02 PM EDT
I already own an AR15, and my only .30 Caliber rifle is an AK.

I havn't exactly heard much about the FS2000, but i've heard lots of things about the FAL para.

I thought I could get some balanced information here, and some opinions. It will be a fun gun and a backup to the AR.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That is a tough one.  They are very different rifles.

Better get both.

sounds like a plan, when can I expect your donation in the mail?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
yup - get both!  Just save your dough!  I regret every single gun I've sold, which have all been pre assaults.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I would go with the FN 2000 and buy a different DSA FAL.  The PARA FAL is great, but you can get a standard 16" DSA for a lot less.

You can always find a DSA FAL, but it is hard to find a real FN rifle.

FN2000 and FN PS90, FN SCAR H might be collector items someday.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
DSA FAL
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#6]
JMO, if i were you i would get the fs2000, then save your money for a couple years and get a SCAR-H when it comes out.

unless you really dig the FAL of course.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#7]
After doing a little bit of investigation on both rifles...

I've decided to spend the 2k on Ammo, Magazines, a Holster for my Berreta 92, a chest rig, and a carbine/pistol class, and various other things such as a light for my AK and AR, and a 20" upper for my Carbine
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#8]
FS2000!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#9]
DSA Para FAL, all the way. DSA takes FAL's to a whole new level, almost making them a whole new weapons system. A standard FAL is an excellent weapon, but a DSA model is one of the best combat weapons availible. The FN para folder is extremely rigid and locks up very tight. It has all the benefits of a folding stock with none of the drawbacks. I also prefer the Para "L" sights as opposed to standard FAL sights. A DSA FAL Para with 18 premium bi pod cut barrel with L1A1 FH or A1 FH with extreme duty scope mount would be an outstanding weapon. They are extremely accurate, reliable and the scope mount makes it possible to mount an optic and have it work very well. Bullpups dont really do much for me, but I really do like the FN2000 and AUG. If I had too pick between the DSA FAL and FN 2000, I would pick the Para FAL hands down. What I like about the 18 inch Para FAL is that it is short enough to be used in a MOUT environment, especially with the stock folded and an assault sling while having enough barrel length to be used as a DMR weapon. This could definatly be a one and only gun, meaning it can do about anything depending on how its configured. My vote, DSA Para FAL with second place going to the JLD PTR91A3
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:36:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Fs 2000 is a .223   so if looking for 308 go with a FAL of course but I would wait for the SCAR H
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
After doing a little bit of investigation on both rifles...

I've decided to spend the 2k on Ammo, Magazines, a Holster for my Berreta 92, a chest rig, and a carbine/pistol class, and various other things such as a light for my AK and AR, and a 20" upper for my Carbine

Good choice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top