Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 12:38:17 PM EDT
Ive heard good and bad about it. Anyone have any experience with them?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Find one and handle it.  That will answer most of your questions.   ( At one time I actually had an interest in this gun after seeing a pic of it.  I found one at  a shop, and handled it.  I love guns, I love well designed guns, I love well built guns, I don't care it they are ugly.  My impression of the AT-9: Cheap, poorly designed, poorly built, and ugly.  Feeling after handling said gun: like I had just fondled a leper.)

If you want a cheap plinker get a Hi-Point.  But better yet, save your money and purchase a gun that is or was issued by some governmental body.  (Uzi, FAL, AR, Glock, 1911, etc.)

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Find one and handle it.  That will answer most of your questions.   ( At one time I actually had an interest in this gun after seeing a pic of it.  I found one at  a shop, and handled it.  I love guns, I love well designed guns, I love well built guns, I don't care it they are ugly.  My impression of the AT-9: Cheap, poorly designed, poorly built, and ugly.  Feeling after handling said gun: like I had just fondled a leper.)

If you want a cheap plinker get a Hi-Point.  But better yet, save your money and purchase a gun that is or was issued by some governmental body.  (Uzi, FAL, AR, Glock, 1911, etc.)

Okay. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
You must be picking stuff that I have

I'll admit that this is not the most reliable firearm by any means, but it is fun as hell.

25rd mags that you can squeeze 29 rds in which might account for  the reliablility factor and a nice compact easy to disassemble design.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You must be picking stuff that I have

i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/RyanJR/IMG_2368.jpg

I'll admit that this is not the most reliable firearm by any means, but it is fun as hell.

25rd mags that you can squeeze 29 rds in which might account for  the reliablility factor and a nice compact easy to disassemble design.

CRIPES! Thank god you dont like by me. Id be at your place bothering you 24-7. Well that looks pretty cool I must say. Looks fun too. But if I spend that kind of cash It will be for that MPA.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
This one came with the 4 mags for $450, I'd like to get the .22 version but never got around to looking for one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This one came with the 4 mags for $450, I'd like to get the .22 version but never got around to looking for one.

oh wow. Thats good. When did you buy it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh wow. Thats good. When did you buy it?

Probably about 1.5 ago if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one a while ago, I liked it a lot. Never jammed, easy to take apart and was pretty damn accurate. My only gripe was that some ammo would not chamber, it would actually leave rifling on the bullet case. I brought it to a gun show and someone traded me a PWA carbine for it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had one a while ago, I liked it a lot. Never jammed, easy to take apart and was pretty damn accurate. My only gripe was that some ammo would not chamber, it would actually leave rifling on the bullet case. I brought it to a gun show and someone traded me a PWA carbine for it.

Thanks! Nice trade.

Quoted:

Probably about 1.5 ago if I remember correctly.

Ah well, I guess Ill keep looking then!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I had one for a few months back in 99. I traded it for my 1st AR.

Pros
1.Accurate little gun
2.Telestock
3.Light and Handy
4.Easy to disasemble

Cons
1.I couldn`t get threw one magazine without some kind of jam

It`s a shame too. If it just worked I woulda kept it.

BTW I heard that Feather Industries is still in business. True? Website?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:22:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I considered buying one in .45 ACP.

But they all looked overpriced.

And now I can’t find their web site.  They either were bought out, or they are out of business.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I had one for a few months back in 99. I traded it for my 1st AR.

Pros
1.Accurate little gun
2.Telestock
3.Light and Handy
4.Easy to disasemble

Cons
1.I couldn`t get threw one magazine without some kind of jam

It`s a shame too. If it just worked I woulda kept it.

BTW I heard that Feather Industries is still in business. True? Website?

www.featherusa.com

They have a 45 that I have been thinking about, but with the Sig 556 coming out soon, I think I will wait.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

www.featherusa.com

They have a 45 that I have been thinking about, but with the Sig 556 coming out soon, I think I will wait.

Wow. Those new ones look good. Id get the 9mm w/ the A2 stock and a shroud. I wonder if they have improved them over the years. I cant believe they charge $130 for the stock though. Do they accept any AR buttstock. Because I want an ace on it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone have a email I could contact feather with? I just have some simple questions so I dont want to bother them by calling or send a letter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top