Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 9:25:01 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me what this part is? there are 2 pictures on the link

CETME part?

I was changing the stock and this thing fell out, anyone know what it is? It doesn't look like it has ever had a pin through it or any marks on it at all. not sure WTH it is.

TIA
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it the hammer maybe?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:55:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is it the hammer maybe?

I dont think so, not sure.

Ever just have leftover parts just rattle around in your reciever?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I dunno exactly how similar a G3 is to a CETME, but...

I downloaded a G3 manual just to take a look, and the only part I could see that looks even remotely similar is the "bolt head locking lever", which is located (I guess) in the top of the bolt carrier. Other than that, I would guess that it's one of the parts in the trigger group. However, the manual I d/loaded does not have an exploded diagram of said trigger group. I don't know if this helps any, but at least it hopefully can help you rule out something.

Here's a link to the manuals page. Handbucher Yep, it's a German website, but if you poke around some, you can find manuals for a lot of different firearms, and almost all of those are in English.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:10:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I've owned CETME's for a while now but I don't recognize that part, definately looks like something out of the trigger pack, I'm gonna go tear down my spare pack later and see if I can find your part.

Here's a site that has several different CETME & G-3 manuals for download, they are free! go check;  www.drzero.org/cetme    or check out;  www.cetmerifles.com lots of good folks with good info there, there's also;  www.gunboards.com  go down the forum list and look for the CETME & FR-8 forum  , you should be able to find some help at 1 of those sites...
 Hope this helps you some......
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:17:59 AM EDT
[#5]
There is nothing like that in my Cetme. At least that I can recognize from the picture.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:42:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:49:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is nothing like that in my Cetme. At least that I can recognize from the picture.

even worse y'all. I found a pin and spring this AM
It might be the bolt head locking lever. the least it could have done is wait til I shot one round before taking a dive.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Got it!

It's the 'ratchet catch' for a retractable stock.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Got it!

It's the 'ratchet catch' for a retractable stock.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/osprey21/2267560520086309961UGblXR_ph1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/osprey21/rs61.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/osprey21/ratchet_catchCustom.jpg

Damn, that looks like it for sure. I had just gotten the sliding stock too. wonder what would make it just flop out?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top