Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 10:46:44 PM EDT
I am seriously considering getting one of the new CX-4 Storm's that use the PX-4 .40 S&W magazines. Does anyone have this exact model that could give me some thoughts on it(JX4P415)? I would prefer a .45 ACP but the magazine capacity at 8rds is just too low for my tastes. The gun will be for target shooting and home defense. The PX-4 factory mags can hold 14rds of .40 S&W so I am thinking it is probably worth the extra 6rds per magazine even with the smaller caliber. What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, can't help ya. I bought the 9mm version for the 20 round mags. The Beretta mags and the gun have been very reliable thus far.
Decent for home defense and a blast at the range.
Also have a 92FS so it's a good companion.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sorry, can't help ya. I bought the 9mm version for the 20 round mags. The Beretta mags and the gun have been very reliable thus far.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/104_0425.jpg

A little off topic but is your 9mm picky about what type of ammo it likes eating? I am planning on getting some Wolf .40 S&W for range shooting if I end up getting the CX-4, and maybe some Hornady for my home defense ammo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little off topic but is your 9mm picky about what type of ammo it likes eating? I am planning on getting some Wolf .40 S&W for range shooting if I end up getting the CX-4, and maybe some Hornady for my home defense ammo.

I haven't used any wolf yet but so far it's eaten whatever I fed it. No problems with hollowpoints.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used 115, 125 and 147 grain lead in mine without problems.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know what model the .40 that will take PX4 mags is, but if you picked up the .40 that takes the 8000 series mags, you could likely easily convert it to use the PX4 mags.  The Storm uses a plastic insert in the grip to guide the mags.  Also the mag cat might need tweaking, but it's not uber difficult.  

As for the 9mm Storms being picky about ammo, every review I've read points to the contrary - they eat anything you feed them... and are stupid accurate, to boot!  

Can't wait to get out and shoot mine sometime... if I get some free time on a weekend soon...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't know what model the .40 that will take PX4 mags is, but if you picked up the .40 that takes the 8000 series mags, you could likely easily convert it to use the PX4 mags.  The Storm uses a plastic insert in the grip to guide the mags.  Also the mag cat might need tweaking, but it's not uber difficult.  

As for the 9mm Storms being picky about ammo, every review I've read points to the contrary - they eat anything you feed them... and are stupid accurate, to boot!  

Can't wait to get out and shoot mine sometime... if I get some free time on a weekend soon...

The PX4 mag version came out just recently. If you go to the Beretta website and look near the bottom you will see the JX4P415 catalog code. They call it the Cx4 Px4 Carbine.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Rented the CX4 at the local gun shop, and I have to say it was a VERY accurate rifle to shoot.  A real treat to use.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:14:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The PX4 mag version came out just recently. If you go to the Beretta website and look near the bottom you will see the JX4P415 catalog code. They call it the Cx4 Px4 Carbine.

Roger that.

What I'm saying is - you could buy the current CX4 in .40, then get the magazine adapter for PX4 magazines and convert the rifle to use PX4 mags.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have the 45ACP Storm, like all the 1911 guys say - "If you need more than 8 rounds of 45ACP..."

I just made sure I have plenty of Beretta 8 rounders handy - I own (10), if/when they come out with 45ACP hi-caps I'll be all over that too.

You can never have too much ammo!  I just got three 20 round mags in yesterday for my 9mm.  2xMecGar and 1xProMag.  Gonna do a full review on the ProMag soon (here and on the Beretta forum).  

So far, it looks nice, has a little plastic slide on shroud, but the shroud is not shaped right at the top of the back of it, and it doesn't want to seat without a good solid smack (which you shouldn't have to do, IMO).  Pull the shroud thing off, and it seats just fine.  Locks the slide back just fine.  Soon, I'll have to get to the range and see how it feeds.  

Then, soon, I'll order some +P hot shit defensive loads.  I think 20 rounds of some hot +p shit should be more effective, especially out of a stupid accurate carbine, than 8 rounds of .45!

BTW, I was actually able to get 21 rounds into the MecGar mags, and 22 rounds into the ProMag.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#11]
i plan on getting a CX4 to go with this:

im glad they came out with the CX4's already setup for px4 mags. i wasn't expecting them to show up for a while. i must get one soon

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't used any wolf yet but so far it's eaten whatever I fed it. No problems with hollowpoints.

Nice Storm, Mine eats Wolf all day.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Didn't Berreta make extended mags that were even bigger than 20 rounds for the 3 round burst pistol(the 93 I think it was called??). How hard are those to get a hold of?

ETA: the mags, not the pistol
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have the 45ACP Storm, like all the 1911 guys say - "If you need more than 8 rounds of 45ACP..."

I just made sure I have plenty of Beretta 8 rounders handy - I own (10), if/when they come out with 45ACP hi-caps I'll be all over that too.

I owm, and love a CX4 9mm, the only thing that kept from geting the 45 is the 8 rd mags, for a gun like this absolutley friggen retared IMHO The day the come out with a REAL mag for the 45 is the day I'll buy one without thinking twice about.
My CX loves Wolf, eats up by the 32 or 20 rd Promag without any issues at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top