Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 6:37:42 PM EDT
What are all the different operating systems for the automatic rifles of the world.

Here are the few I know about.

1. Impingment (AR-15/16) Gas System. Poops where it eats dirty. (Deal with it fellas its a very dirty system.)

2. Roller Delayed Blow back (Heckler and Koch) No first hand experince with it.

3. Recoil Operated Blow Back(Some pistol caliber rifles use this.)

4. Operating Rod Sys. Like an AR-18/180, HKG36. My personal favorite.

5. Gas Piston  AK47 SIG 550 Series rifles.  Generally VERY reliable

Are there any I'm missing. Some ive had direct experince some I haven't.
THEY ALL DO WORK. Just some better than others and some others like more than others.

WHAT SAY YOU????
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I have always loved the gas piston uppers for that reason, extremely reliable and if you look at the trend today it seems like people have finally realized thats the way to go....everyone and there mother is putting out gas piston upper, why?? becouse they WORK BETTER ....give  me a FAL or an AK anyday
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
AMEN Brother!!!!!

Didnt go to chruch Today

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top