Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 7:01:23 AM EDT
I am looking for a semi-auto carbine in 9mm, 16" barrel and would appreciate suggestions.  I would like it to have a collapsible stock, full sight radius (not just over the receiver and then a bare barrel), and take glock mags.  Does this beast exist?
I have looked at the kel-tecs but they look very cheap and have flimsy sights.
9mm AR's (such as Olympics that do take glock mags) do not interest me and alot of the semi auto carbines out there do not have a very long sight radius which seems kind of pointless to me to have the barrel but not the sight radius unless your using optics which I would not be using.
Shooting distances would be around 100 yds.  Any suggestions or products that I'm not aware of?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The Keltec, Strorm, and Hi Point versions should do what you want.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi-Point is not exactly what I'm looking for.  I want something of quality.
Kel-Tec has been ruled out as stated above.
Unaware that the Storm took Glock mags as this is part of the criteria.

Thanks for the reply though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask and ye shell recieve
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Keltec, Beretta Cx4 Storm, and Hi Point should do what you want.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The carbine conversion unit for Glocks seems a little goofy.  I'm also interested to see if there are any other 9mm carbines out there that I'm not familiar with, such as the SW76.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Keltec, Beretta Cx4 Storm, and Hi Point should do what you want.

I just got mine today.  MAN it's hella cool!  Only had 1 10 round mag with it, tho.  Scored it on Gunbroker for $529 shipped.  Marked as used, but the dang thing is BRAND NEW.  No way this thing has ever been fired.  I think I scored a deal.  Also has on of the side rails already on it, so that's a bonus.  Just ordered a few mags... 2 20 round MecGars and I'm gonna try one of the 20 round ProMags (I have never had problems with ProMag before).  

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I could be completely wrong, but the Kel-Tec and the Olympic are the only rifles that I know of that take Glock mags.

I have owned one of the Oly/Glock AR's and it was an AWESME rifle, only reason I sold it was to buy an MP5 clone (which is my favorite in the safe)

Just my opinion
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
storm does not take glock mags. I have never used one so don't take it from me, but I have hard overwealmingly good things about the kel-tec carbine despite its cheap appearance.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 on kel-tec, fairly accurate, light and it even folds up small enough to fit into a handbag.
-jls7
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#10]
the ruger pc9 doesn't take glock mags.  but people seem to like it enough.  and you can get some decent aftermarket 30 round mags.  but i don't know if you can find folding stocks for it or not.

there is also the marlin camp 9 but it is out of production.  i know that choate makes folding stocks for it but they are expensive.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#12]
My keltec is plenty durable enough for range use.
I wouldn't want to club someone with the front sight but it did survive a drop on the sights. No shift in POI.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#13]
RUGER PC9 is tank tuff. I have 5k or more in my kel tec sub 2000 in 9mm with out a hic up. I use my kel tec as my house gun add tac light and forward grip and slip on grip. I have 12 factory glock 33 rd for the kel tec .
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I wouldn't want to club someone with the front sight but it did survive a drop on the sights. No shift in POI.

As long as you don't mind the fact that it looks frickin ghey.
I don't know how the function is on it.... but they clearly sacrificed form in order to make it more affordable.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I am in MN also - have been looking for the same thing you are.  I just bought the Keltec - it is not too bad - obviously not as sturdy as an AR, but $310 out the door is alot less.  I called Beretta about adapation to fit Glock mags.  They stated they had multiple requests but had no interesting in going down that road.  Keltec was the only way I saw to go.

Jeff
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I called Beretta about adapation to fit Glock mags.  They stated they had multiple requests but had no interesting in going down that road.

i hope you weren't surprised.  can you imagine glock making a version of the 19 that takes beretta mags?  one of the big issues is actually changing grip angles in order to accomidate the mag angles.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as you don't mind the fact that it looks frickin ghey.
I don't know how the function is on it.... but they clearly sacrificed form in order to make it more affordable.

That and the stock is so freaking short I couldn't aim with it...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I love my Sub2000.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Be a man and buy an Uzi carbine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#20]
beretta cx4 storm is pretty nice.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I called Beretta about adapation to fit Glock mags.  They stated they had multiple requests but had no interesting in going down that road.

i hope you weren't surprised.  can you imagine glock making a version of the 19 that takes beretta mags?  one of the big issues is actually changing grip angles in order to accomidate the mag angles.

Yeah... thr gip angle on a Glock mag is pretty drastic compared to a Beretta mag.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Good idea, forgot I had one! I need to look in the safe more often...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#23]
the Ruger PC9 is a good choice

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I can't, I live in CT. We can't be trusted with Uzis
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#25]
***Cough, cough*** Leave that commie stronghold ***Cough,cough,cough...***
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top