Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 1:08:52 PM EDT
Armalite is out-of-stock on their trigger, and they are having supplier issues.  They could only make a wild-ass guess on when they might have some.

So I'd like recommendations on an alternate 2-stage match trigger that is 100% compatible with the AR-10 rifle.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the best, Gessielle
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Sinclair Precesion sells them, IIRC? Great folks & great quality on their stuff.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Are there any compatibility issues between trigger groups intended for AR-15 and those for AR-10?  Are they a direct drop-in?  If so, has anyone used the Rock River Arms 2-stage trigger group in an AR-10 with good results?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are there any compatibility issues between trigger groups intended for AR-15 and those for AR-10?  Are they a direct drop-in?  

AR-10 & AR-15 parts do not interchange. The AR-10 rifle is a good bit wider to handle the .308 caliber recoil.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
AR-10 & AR-15 parts do not interchange. The AR-10 rifle is a good bit wider to handle the .308 caliber recoil.

I don't believe that this is the case concerning the trigger groups of the AR series.  I purchased the Knight Arm Co. match trigger-they don't specify AR10 or AR15-and it dropped right into my Armalite AR10.  I've also read about other match trigger sets dropping into either caliber rifle.  Same as the buttstock, pistol grip, standard handguards, etc., there are quite a few parts that do interchange and there was only one instance that the early bolt carriers of one brand, not sure which, had a norrower slot for the hammer than the standard AR15 hammer.  This was later changed and I'm almost positive that all the trigger assemblies interchange between the AR series.  FOr more info, post this question in the AR10 section.  Also, if you don't mind spending the money, I'd go for the K.A.C. trigger.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are there any compatibility issues between trigger groups intended for AR-15 and those for AR-10?  Are they a direct drop-in?  

AR15 and AR10's use the EXACT same trigger / hammer and pins.  They are a direct drop in.  The only trigger that has had issues in the AR10 is the Jewell.  The is an incompatibility with the notch in the top of the hammer and the carrier that prevents the carrier from going back in battery.  This can be cured with a small TIG weld.  
The other triggers that I have personally used in the AR10 and the AR15 are:
Milazzo's
Rock Rivers
Armalites
Jewell (w/ modification)

The KAC and the Giessle should be outstanding choices as well.

HTH

1SGA
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

AR15 and AR10's use the EXACT same trigger / hammer and pins.  They are a direct drop in.  

I have been told different.  YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top