Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 5:38:43 PM EDT
Just picked up a Weatherby Vanguard Deluxe rifle.  I have a question about the bolt handle.  It seems to be covered in a 1/8 inch thick rubber/plastic coating.  I can spin the rubber the whole way around, which means it isn't sealed.  Am I supposed to remove it or is it supposed to stay on the bolt handle.  I'm leaning towards removing it since they advertise that it is a knurled handle, which doesn't do any good with the covering over it.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
check to see if its chrome?  you may want to leave it on as to not  deal with the high vis. i took mine iff and it shows up @ 10 miles away!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
check to see if its chrome?  you may want to leave it on as to not  deal with the high vis. i took mine iff and it shows up @ 10 miles away!

Is your rifle blue or stainless?

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
It's just a protective coating, so take it off or leave it, your choice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's just a protective coating, so take it off or leave it, your choice.

Yeah, I took it off...I was worried it wouldn't be finished underneath, but it looks good.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I do believe its simply put there so the goober clerks don't bang the shit out of other rifles taking them in and out of display racks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top