Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 6:45:51 AM EDT
L42A1 Enfield, 7.62X51 Nato

I need to find a mag or 2 for it.  They were converted from the 303 mags by putting a block in the back and putting in a new follower and spring.

I have been to gunshows and even the mag guy who seems to have mags for even a 45 Luger doesnt seem to have a mag for my weapon nor does he know of anyone

so I ask the collective of ar15.com.  I need some ideas, where can I find these mags?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:12:03 AM EDT
[#2]
after looking at pics of the L42a1 on line they did more than just add a spacer, follower, and spring.  it looks like they cut down the rear of the mag to help reduce the stacking angle of the .308.  Sorry i can't point you to one, but you could try asking over at milsurpshooter.net.  they have a C&R sniper rifle section with some very knowledgeable individuals.  you could also get a couple of No.4 mags and try to fab some yourself.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Will the mags from the Indian Ishapore 7.62 NATO Enfield rifle fit?

Even if the mags themselves don't fit, the follower and spring might work in another modified  .303 mag.

IIRC, Sarco and Numrich both sell the Ishy mags.  Not cheap, though.

Unfortunately no.  With a little tweaking, I got a 2A mag to fit, but it functions very poorly
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two magazines, I think parker in the UK use to carry them. As I remember there are two types of magazines ones with and without the ejector built into the magazine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top