Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 8:07:20 AM EDT
They have the offical brochure up on their website.

http://www.robarm.com/XCR%20Brochure%209Feb06.pdf

Here is their news:

NEWS

13 February 2006.  The XCR™ was shown in Las Vegas during the Shot Show.  We were told that it was the most exciting thing at the Show.
Click here to download our latest brochure.  Rifles are almost ready to ship.

We finally received our test ammunition from Remington so we can finalize the 6.8 conversion kit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#1]
i posted pics under the thread  back from shot show....there are a few of the xcr there :)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The most famous words ever spoken in the firearms industry...

Two more weeks!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The most famous words ever spoken in the firearms industry...

Two more weeks!

HAHHAHA

It really has become the biggest joke.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#4]
"Almost ready," eh?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Almost ready," eh?

Guess they didnt want to say "two more weeks" again
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Its always ALMOST done or ALMOST ready to ship
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Did any notice the bolt in the XCR? When they said massive lugs they were not kidding.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]
After looking at that, I'm less impressed.

The multi lug Johnson/Stoner bolt design is one of the must successful bolt designs.

I also think pushing the cocking handle in for a foward assist is too much fine manipulation instead of just hitting something with your thumb.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#9]

The multi lug Johnson/Stoner bolt design is one of the must successful bolt designs.

How many people here besides me have seen broken AR bolts?

Broken thru the cam pin hole.

Now how many have seen broken AK bolts?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#10]
www.robarm.com/XCR%20Brochure%209Feb06.pdf

i'll believe it when i see it....

14.5in+perm Phantom is what i'm hoping for
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I was at SHOT last week.  While at the RobArms booth I picked up the XCR.  The selector was frozen in the safe position.  When I asked about it Mr Robinson launched a tirade about "bad suppliers" etc.  The whole operation seems like a garage operation.  It didn't help his cause that he was across from the FN display with the SCAR.  I think that the Sig 556 will be the last nail in the XCR's coffin.  Too bad really
because the XCR has some really great features, and Mr. Robinson deserves a lot of credit for his efforts. IMHO
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
totally agree
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I am thinking hard about getting one since the FN Scar won't be out for 2-3 years.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

How many people here besides me have seen broken AR bolts?

Broken thru the cam pin hole.

Now how many have seen broken AK bolts?

Not even close to my original arguement.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#15]
What was your arguement?  That the Johnson/Stoner bolt design is one of the most successful bolt designs?  Or, that the forward assist is too difficult to manipulate?

I don't think anyone would disagree that the J/S design is very successful, I also don't believe that anyone would say that it is "more" successful than the AK series bolt either.
They are both very successful designs, the two most prolific in history, one might say.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:16:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Prolific or not, I will take an AK bolt over an AR bolt any day. They are much easier to clean, and a fixed ejector is one less thing to break.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top