Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 5:01:24 PM EDT
A former NYPD ESU guy was telling me about an all steel Beretta 92, says it was heavy but that you couldn't make it jam if you tried by limp wristing it.  You could hold it upside down and pull the trigger with your pinkie.  Normally, not a fan of Beretta pistols, but this gun sounds interesting.  Extra weight does not bother me, reliability interests me.  I like Glocks, but they are definitely sensitive to limp wristed shooting.

Any info?  Experience?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Beretta came out with a limited Beretta 92 a few years ago. It was all stainless steel. It was very heavy (for a Beretta) and had a hefty retail price at the time $900 to 1,200.

It looked nice, but I don't know if it sold well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you thinking about the Steel-1?

There is one on gunbroker for $1235.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I like Glocks, but they are definitely sensitive to limp wristed shooting.

WTF?? First i've heard of this but then i seldom fire any of my HGs upside down with my pinky finger
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#4]
He may be referring to the Beretta Millenium, or as some call it, the Billenium.  Only 2000 pieces were made.  It was an ungodly heavy piece of stainless steel that had some really nice engraving on it.  I shot one at a local range once.  It was amazing.  It had a very light single stage trigger and an external safety.  That thing was scary accurate too.  My Sig 220 shot circles around it... literally.  15 rounds from it tore out the center of the bullseye and the 8 rounds from my Sig sort of shot a perfect little circle around that hole.  Cost was about $1700 or more from my understanding.  Not worth it if you ask me.  The rear sight fell off it a few minutes after I gave it back to its owner.  It was odd, it just dropped right off.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like Glocks, but they are definitely sensitive to limp wristed shooting.

WTF?? First i've heard of this but then i seldom fire any of my HGs upside down with my pinky finger

Wheeeeee... neither do I, but it is a testament to its reliability.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top