Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 4:12:22 PM EDT
....OK people , where do you store your ammo ? And how long do you keep it  ? hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I store mine stacked in .50 ammo cans, by caliber. Each can is tagged with contents information. Ammo, stored properly, keeps a long long time. I don't worry about how long I keep ammo. I have lots of surplus stuff from the 50's, 60's and 70's that is in great shape.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I store mine stacked in .50 ammo cans, by caliber. Each can is tagged with contents information. Ammo, stored properly, keeps a long long time. I don't worry about how long I keep ammo. I have lots of surplus stuff from the 50's, 60's and 70's that is in great shape.

+1

But also use .30 cal ammo cans for some calibers.

This might be some help.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]

After you get a few dozen cans it becomes hard to remember what's in each one and opening twenty cans to find that certain box of Black Talons is a PITA. So I did this and I like it.

I have 50 cal ammo cans with a small number on the front latch in silver sharpie. I have a little logbook that I keep the contents listed under the correct number. If I use something or add something I just change it in the book. I use little dessicant packs 3x4 ish to keep everything bone dry.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I use those little stick on business card holders you can get at staples/Office depot.  Then I get the el cheapo printable business card sheets and type what's in each can.  Stick the holder on the can, and put the printed cards in the holders.  It's really easy, cheap, and you can change the cards to reflect any changes you have in the can.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I use address labels on the clasps of my ammo cans. Use a sharpie to identify caliber, quantity, lot #s, and date canned. If things change, make a new label, and stick it over the old one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:49:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I use ammo cans and use a templet and spray paint the type ammo in the can on the side. I also put a label on the top so I dont have to turn the can around and look on the side. I place a piece of paper in the can that has the type and how many rounds are in the can.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Ammo cans, both .50 and 20MM.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Ammo cans.  Closet.  Forever.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Stored in ammo can, battlepacks crates or whatever.  I number the ammo cans and keep a spreadsheet detailing what and how much is in each can.  I store 9 different calibers at home and it's the best way to keep track of it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That about sums it up in a nutshell.  It's exactly what I do with ZERO ill effect.  Good advice to adhere to.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm building a ammo can tower in the corner....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't forget the Scilica Gel Desci Paks
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Ammo can, some still boxed, others on strippers in Bando's

I mark 'em with a square patch of Krylon with the contents sharpied over the Krylon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top