Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:04:21 PM EDT
A woman at work wanted to "get those guns" out of her house. She has a new born and 12 yo step-daughter and is afraid of an accident. Ok, you know me, trying to be helpful. I figure that she has a couple beaters and at best I'll get a trunk gun out of the deal. Her husband has no interest in them either.  I go over her house and she digs them out of the closet. Out comes a pristine Winchester 1300 Defender and an IMMACULATE Colt Defender 90. She says that she knows that they are good guns but she just wants them gone so if I'll give her $500 for both, she would be very happy. I managed to keep a poker face and tell her that if she's good with it, I'm good with it. I couldn't get the paperwork filled out fast enough and call the state for a transfer number. In the paper bag of stuff that she gave me was the original paperwork when she bought it. There was half a box of Blazer 230gr FMJ and 3 boxes(15rds) of 00 Buck. I asked her how she handled the kick of the shottie and she said that she didn't know, she HAD NEVER FIRED IT ! I tore down both tonight and could not be happier. I'll post pics tomorrow night when I get home from work. I've finally stumbled onto a real find !!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice score, but did you buy her dinner first.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Her hubby may have objected to that. And she isn't much to look at.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
paperwork filled outon a FTF?!? fast enough and call the state for a transfer number???

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Good deal, I never get lucky like that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
paperwork filled outon a FTF?!? fast enough and call the state for a transfer number???

There are some things about Yankeeville that a Texan's just never going to understand.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

State government run by fucking morons from outer space.

Congratulations, ktrout01!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

State government run by fucking morons from outer space.

Congratulations, ktrout01!

Yes, The state of CT has more rules on transfers than almost anywhere, except maybe the peoples republic of MA. As long as I stay living here, I'll play by their rules. Now If I can just convince my wife to relocate.

As a followup, the woman I bought the guns from stopped by the LAN room this morning to make sure that everything was ok after I had a chance to do a closer inspection. I assured her that everything was fine and I was glad that she gave me the opportunity to buy them. She couldn't thank me enough for helping her out. She just didn't want the hassle of taking the guns to a dealer, who would have probably given her less than I gave her anyway.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I stumbled across a similar situation last year. I bought a GM/Inland M1A1 carbine folder with all original accessories (sling, case, 6 mags, mag covers, cleaning kit,) and 800 rounds of ammo for the princely sum of $250.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
triburst1, you bastard!

Oh well, I was given a Remington Rand M1911A1 for $0.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
congradulations on the good buy. me and my dad got lucky like that once. we did about 250.00 worth of work for an guy a couple of years ago. unfortunaly he was unable to pay. instead he offeres us a few of his guns instead. we got a rossie .357, an old, Old smith and wesson. and an old beater 12 ga. break open. my dad sold the shotgun and the smith and wesson for about 325.00 and i got to keep the .357.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice buy.

That almost makes up for having to live in a state where you can't do a private party transfer without big brother shoving a camera up your ass.

ETA: I'd have offered her a little more money, but I'm dumb like that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:26:44 AM EDT
[#12]
good deal...you have to get permission to transfer between individuals?   I like Idaho....buy guns at garage sales....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top