Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 3:25:57 AM EDT
I've read of a company that makes .30  and .50 sabots.  Does anybody know of a source for .35 sabots? (or other calibers for that matter)
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about muzzleloader sabots?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I mean like Remington Accelerators, but for different calibers, and just the sabots, not loaded ammunition.  I think jdcomponents sells the .30 sabots (use .22 bullets in .30-06 for instance at 4100 fps) and .50 (uses .30 bullets in .50 BMG at 5000 fps like Winchester's SLAP ammo)  for loading your own ammo.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I know there is a vendor in the Shotgun News that sells sabots.  If I get ahold of a copy soon I'll see if I can find them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]
i doubt you'll find any .35 sabots, i think they are considerd by a.t.f. as armor piercing handgun contraband. there are some but not many handguns in .30 and .50 cal., but those caliber's are primarly centerfire rifle. .35 is probally the most common handgun cal. but there are rifles in that cal. also. confused yet, bottom line is your probally not going to find a sabot in that size. someone please correct me if i'm wrong, without being an ass.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:27:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I figured it was something like an ATF regulation defining the sabots themselves as armor-piercing bullets, even though they're plastic.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]
HI-VEL.COM Sabot's and other evil shit
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:12:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I checked Hi-Vel.  They only have the .308 cal sabots.  They are walking a thin line with the law too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top