Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 7:39:30 PM EDT
Well I put a Williams receiver sight on my recently purchased Marlin 981t. Can't stand the stock sights on it. Anyway, I got the windage taken care of today, except I was hitting 10 inches high at 50 yards! Clearly I need a taller front sight.

The front sight is not dovetailed, so it looks like I need to replace the ramp entirely. I'm not exactly sure of what I should look for in my Brownells catalog. Definately seems to be something I can do on my own, and I have the FFL discount with my C&R, so I'd like to do this myself. I'm just not sure what size ramp and specifically how tall of a front sight I should be looking for? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you post pics of the front sight? Email them to me if you would like. I'm sure Brownells has something you could use.......
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
No pics right now since I'm away from home til the weekend again. I was thinking of getting the Williams shorty ramp and the front sight of my choice, and they have some dovetail riser blocks that are cheap enough to fiddle with it seems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top