Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 3:09:19 AM EDT
Brand new at a Walmart in Lavale,MD they had gotten it in that morning.Didnt even look it over at the store.Well when I got it home the damn forearm is so loose it rattles,and the buttstock has plenty of wiggle to it as well,but no noiseIt has the tang safety,not sure how it works.The hammer falls when the safety is in either position.Maybe it locks the firing pin,I dont know.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#1]
The safety blocks the hammer from hitting the firing pin.  With the safety off, the hammer will swing forward past the rest position by about 3/8", strike the firing pin, and return back to rest position.  The safety will block it from going past rest.
I don't know about the wood, maybe you can tighten it up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info on how the safety works.As to the wood,I have picked up a few not as keepers but as investments.I was making a comment on the fit of wood to metal,dont know if it was cause the workers knew they would be out of work soon or maybe that is why winchester has lost as much market share as they have and had to close down.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Loose forearm is pretty common on 94's.  Not much you can do about.  The buttstock should tighten up.  Check the screws.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The one I got Friday before last had a loose stock, I just tightened the screw.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:24:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Loose forearm is pretty common on 94's.  Not much you can do about.  The buttstock should tighten up.  Check the screws.

This makes three new ones since they closed the factory,the only one with a loose forearm.Also two older ones,tight as a drum.Not to worried cause the new ones will never be shot by me,but I can see why the marlin levers are so popular.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top