Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 5:01:11 PM EDT
Can somebody tell me what the piece of tape signifies? I want to say mil-sim, but I'm not sure.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
probably during a training situation. all guns are cleared and marked safe and are wraped with blue tape/colored tape so every one knows that it is a safe/clear weapon. ???????????????
usmc5593
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. Notice the gun has no mag.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
probably during a training situation. all guns are cleared and marked safe and are wraped with blue tape/colored tape so every one knows that it is a safe/clear weapon. ???????????????
usmc5593

+1

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]
+1

also when using training rounds the rifles has a blue colored barrel
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
simunitions upper
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
simunitions upper
www.simunition.com/images/products/convertion_kit/colt-m16a2-carbine-16.25-bb.jpg

How come it's only tape over the flashhider, not the barrel?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't mean to be a smartass, but how much barrel do you see sticking out behind that flash-hider?  

Most likely they just didn't want to use very much tape, especially since they'd have to peel it off later.  Looking at the tape showing inside the flash-hider, they didn't use more than two layers of tape.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I would also guess,  if you forgot to remove it at the end of training
By putting over the flash hider, it would be taken care of by the first live round fired next time.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't mean to be a smartass, but how much barrel do you see sticking out behind that flash-hider?  

Looks to be on a Ship, therefore Navy,.... wait they give squids guns?

Just kidding,  thats why there is prob. a SBR. Ever been on a vessel?
Way small corridors, why do you think the USN is tighter on weight than the Army

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top