Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 6:09:57 PM EDT
What is the difference between a CETME, PTR91 and other varients?  I am looking to get a new rifle soon (bday will be the excuse to the wife) and considering one of those or a FAL.   Where's the best place to get one?

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Cetme=century/angry ape build which means that you've got a 50/50 chance of it working right(mine does not)
PTR= "professional" build that is going to work.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]

difference between CETME/PTR91?  

About $500.00
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I know (not much) the cetme's tend to be built on cheaper receivers and be more worn out (built from milsurp kits).  As far as function and design, I'm pretty sure there are very few differences (other than sights) between g3, hk91, and cetme.  But I could be wrong.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
There are differences in the sights, in the trigger pack, and I think there is supposed to be a difference in the reciever although Century's CETME and G3 recievers are identical.

For more specifics I would ask over at:

www.cetmerifles.com
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I got lucky with my second CETME.  My first one would not fire, took it back and traded it, and my second has worked like a charm.  Very accurate as well as reliable.

You are taking a big chance on them though...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Asthetics/looks mainly.  Cetmes can have issues with HK mags, all will feed but some Cetmes do not lock the mag in place, basicly the reciever can be slightly mis-sligned and HK mags will not stay in place.  Important to know not all Cetmes are like this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmm.  Which would be a better buy, a CETME or AK?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top