Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 5:39:54 PM EDT
I'm a resident on rotations.  One of the Attendings happened to mention that a worker at the hospital had 2 rifles.  Her live-in boyfriend died and these were his.

She sold the bulk of the rifles to a dealer (flat fee for all of them), but just found these in a closet.

The Boyfriend was left handed--the Attending mentioned that these were "Left Handed" rifles.  Now, I know you can get a Lefty Upper for an AR, but am not certain these would be truly lefty (I might get a look at them in the next couple of days).

The Attending had the Model written as a Marlin 45-70 and Bushmaster XM-15 E2  (I am assuming that is the 20" standard version).  

Does anyone know of Left Handed versions of these?

The person is trying to sell them--she figures that the dealer probably ripped her off on the bulk sale, so wants to get individual values on these rifles.   Any thoughts on values to tell the Attending (he has some rifles and has some friends that are serious shooters--he is not sure of the value of the rifles himself, so he was going to check around for her)??

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Niether rifle was actually made as a "left handed" model.

The Marlin should go anywhere from $400.00 to $500.00

And the Bushmaster should go for about $700.00 to $800.00

This all depends on what kind of shape they are in. I hope that this helps.
Phessor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top