Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 5:42:14 PM EDT
I know it's off topic, but thought it might be entertaining.  Last year I bought a Rolling Block that was supposed to be in 50-90 caliber but turned out to be the longer 50-140 caliber.  After finally getting all the dies and components, I got to light it off last month.  What a hoot!  Here's the round.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/williammathews/th_50-140Sharps002.jpg

I'm using a 720 grain six groove bullet.

WKM
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yikes, how painfull was that?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Oddly enough, though many state that once you shoot it, you will sell it, it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. However, my first group of loads use the minimum load that I could find in print; 40 grains of AA5744.  If using black powder, of course it's around 140 grains hence the cartridge name.  It does kick a fair amount; such that I will have to practice on my concentration rather than anticipated recoil.  I did shoot about a dozen rounds with no shoulder bruising.  It sure ain't  no Whisper cartridge.

WKM
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
AR related how?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Ouch! That'l hurt...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Holy crap!
That would leave an impression on a burgler. Imagine the look on some thugs face if you lit that up under his arse!Wouldn't even have to hit'em, just scare'em to death.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top