Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 5:38:31 PM EDT
Out of curiosity, what guns will fire underwater? I know that a gun fired into water is the same as shooting into concrete, so i'm guessing shooting out of water leads to problems as well... I would think most guns would be able to shoot once, but not cycle.

Also, how waterproof is ammo?  As in, if it's dropped in water, then pulled out, will it still work?  Same if it's soaked for a while?

And please don't bring bump firing into this, although I know somebody will anyway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I know it's rained an awful lot around here over the past month, and that the rivers and lakes are rising, but I don't think we've gotten to the point, yet, where we'll be defending our homes underwater.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Also, how waterproof is ammo?  As in, if it's dropped in water, then pulled out, will it still work?  Same if it's soaked for a while?

the ammo oracle knows the answer to this question
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
A HK P11 will fire underwater.

Also there is a Russian gun that will fire under water.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#4]
My standard issue P80 (Glock 17) shot like a dream under water. Only one or two misfires in a 17-rd mag.

Usually, NATO ammo is supposed to be watertight, but on one occasion my G3 rifle wouldnt cycle properly because of wet ammo. I had just been swimming a little bit in a river, playing "Commando" for our platoon video...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top