Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 4:00:35 AM EDT
Did any of the G.I. carbines come with a chrome barrel? Just want to know if it is something to look for when shopping for a carbine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:34:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not think anyone makes/made a chrome lined barrel for a M1 Carbine, but the good news is that there is not any corsoive ammon out there as well.

That is why you typicaly do not heal about the conditions of the barrels in reguards to the Carbines as you do the Garands

This is my take,

YMMV,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I read ..No.. The US military did contract replacement barrels out and a company made some that was chromed lined. But they was rejected from what I remember. The chrome process was shotty. They are considered JUNK. But the same company made some nonchromed barrels  also and they are quite good. Im sorry I can't remember the name. I will go look in my safe later and see what I have. I built one on the nonchromed barrels .I bought it from Orion 7 years ago. WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:09:10 AM EDT
[#3]
OK I went and looked. It is a HERLO barrel. They was an  subcontractor from what I remember. My nonchromed barrel shoots very well. But the chromed ones was rejected and are considered junk for the most part .From what Ive gathered anyhow. Cheers WarDawg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top