Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 5:40:53 PM EDT
Can an individual own a SBR in Michigan?

I am wanting to get an Auto Ordnance Semi-Auto Thompson SBR and was wondering if any dealers in MI can help me with the transfer.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  SBRs are not legal in MI
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
SBR's are still illegal in Michigan, but you guys can now have silencers and non C&R machineguns.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:10:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Dumb question here,

SBR stands for?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dumb question here,

SBR stands for?

Short Barrel Rifle
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SBR's are still illegal in Michigan, but you guys can now have silencers and non C&R machineguns.

And we have CCW. I think I'll just move to Ohio...Looks and feels the same as Michigan but they can own ALL the goodies.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And we have CCW. I think I'll just move to Ohio...Looks and feels the same as Michigan but they can own ALL the goodies.

Well, come on down to Indiana then. We can have all NFA goodies except SBS's, and our CCW's are "shall issue". Besides, Ohio has some sort of restriction on mags that hold over 30 rounds or something.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, come on down to Indiana then. We can have all NFA goodies except SBS's, and our CCW's are "shall issue". Besides, Ohio has some sort of restriction on mags that hold over 30 rounds or something.

Actually, all I want is an SBR. I want the semi-auto Tommy M1 with the correct barrel length. That 16'' barrel is an abomination. I never heard of that 30 rd law in Ohio...That is nuts!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#8]
In ohio you can own over 30 round magazines, HOWEVER, you cannot put a magazine over 30 rounds into a gun unless it is registered as a machine gun. So if you put a 40 round mag in a semi AR-15, it automatically becomes a machine gun in ohio.

There maybe another magazine restriction in columbus I don't know about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top