Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 5:14:37 PM EDT
anyone have any experience with this rifle?  how's the accuracy/reliability?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
i keep thinking about them because i have a ruger p95.  i haven't fired one but they are much heavier than the beretta cx4 storm.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
they're 6.5 lbs vs the beretta's 5.75 lbs.

.75 lbs ain't that much of a difference, at least to me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
depending on center of gravity and balance those 12oz can make a real difference especially over a day of shooting.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#4]
They are built like a tank and will out last you! I have some trigger time on the 40 cal version . Went bang everytime I pulled the trigger, didn't jam and it shot well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have owned a PC 9 Carbine for 2 years, built really well, alot of fun to shoot/plink with. Reminds me of the M1 Carbine, good home defense weapon.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine is not "broken-in" but seems to jam too much for my comfort.

It could be my reloads. (They work GREAT in Glock, SIG)

Perhaps I should try some good factory FMJ's...

Otherwise, great gun.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Have handled a few,kinda heavy IMHO for a pistol cartridge carbine,however like all ruger firearms built like a tank,would have no worries about wearing it out or using it for buttstoke to the head manuversFor a pistol caliber carbine though I would rather have the keltec folding carbine.For a LEO that is mandated to carry a long gun in a pistol caliber(like here),I would prefer the ruger.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Kel-Tec Sub200 is much cheaper, 2.5 lbs lighter, has a pistol grip, and can use easily available 33 round GLOCK mags.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one and like it a lot. The only problem I've had with it is that with some magazines the bolt hold open device will ride up prematurely and hold the bolt open when you still have a round or two in the magazine. To "fix" the problem, I bent it slightly back and now it doesn't accidentally hold open before the mags are empty, but instead will sometimes not hold the bolt open after the last round on other mags. It all seems to be caused be differences in the toleranaces of various aftermarket mags. Over all, it's not a big deal though, and I like the rifle just fine.

That being said, I have to agree with the poster above... I also have a Kel-Tec Sub 2000, and I'll have to say that the 2000 is lighter and slightly more accurate than the ruger, and so far hasn't had _any_ malfunctions.

I've owned both of these for several years now, and enjoy them both. I think you'll be happy with either of them. YMMV, of course.

- edited to add that my 2000 uses the beretta mags, and I've found that I can easily modify my ruger P-Series mags to work in both it and the ruger by dremeling a slot into the side for the beretta style mag catch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top