Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/8/2006 10:04:19 PM EDT
With SHOT '06 just 1 month away I thought this would be a good time for everyone to "place their bets" on what
will be coming out and who will be releasing it.

I'll go first....

1. FNH will give a concrete time frame for the civilian SCAR-L, as well as show off all of their civilian goodies that are shipping this year...

2. Glock will release a new pistol.... not a carbine like everyone wants

3. Beretta will announce the RX4 for civilian consumption, but no one will care because it looks like SHIT

4. Bushmaster will NOT release a piston upper, they will concentrate of those crappy carbon 9mm's  

5. Robarms will give "another" BS ship date for the XCR

6. The Shrike will.... welll....... who knows.....

7. H&K will release the P3000 pistol and some new coffee mugs and hopefully announce that they have been bought out by FNH

8. Sigarms will announce their plans for a domestic 55X.... but it might be too little too late; too much competition from the PS90, FS2000, XCR, Piston AR uppers and maybe the SCAR-L (read #1)

9. Colt will announce a number of frivolous lawsuits that they are pursuing... and they will have attorneys at hand to "serve" those in which they intend to sue. I foresee Colt suing "Ford" for the use of a horse on the Mustang. Colt will lose.... again....

and last, but not least...

10. Reynolds Wrap will release a "new & improved" Aluminum Foil helmet that will block all of the guvment's evil rays  

Ok guys/gals..... what ya got  

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
armalite
dpms
RRA
knights

will all show of new versions of the 308 AR with only knights not being attainible

other than that i think you are dead on an everything above
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Springfield Armory will announce they bought a freighter load of USGI M14 parts and they are having IMBEL make forged receivers that are final machined in the US to avoid 922R issues.  
Forged receivers and all new USGI parts    MSRP will be under $1000.

(ok, probably not)
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#3]
There will be at least 80 hot, half naked chicks holding a gun, with their finger on the trigger..
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#4]
There will be lots of cool stuff that I will never be able to get or if I could get it I would not be able to afford.

My other guess is that the new Glcok 40 will be a long slide version of the 45 GAP. and they will never build a carbine or a single stack 9mm or 45ACP despite the demand.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Kel-Tec: single stack 9mm (and maybe a .45 as well?)

Taurus: the long awaited 1911 will be on display

RobArms: cool hands-on of the rifle we all want, but can't buy!

Ceiner: bunch of .22 conversions and suppressors in neat new desert camo colors!

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Kimber will announce that the Marines changed their mind... now they WANT the external extractors, and all their weapons will be retro-fitted.

All of the various AR manufacturers will have new lower receivers that say "M4" or "AR-15" on them.

H&K will announce the groundbreaking for a US facility specifically set up to produce the civvy version of the 416. Uppers will be available.

Sigarms will reveal a new polymer hi-cap receiver for the P-220.

S&W will unveil a .223 version of the Model 500.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]
6.5 Grendel will be the "winner"

edit: This is post 911

Always Remember
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:11:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

All of the various AR manufacturers will have new lower receivers that say "M4" or "AR-15" on them.

This is a sure thing! And you know Bushmaster will be doing it best.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, my turn....

1. Sig will NOT  have a 55x gun on disply, nor will they ever produce one for civilian consumption in
    the US.

2. Sig WILL have the full line of DAK guns on dipsly, including the 220R DAK. They will announce that
    all Sig Classics will have the rail from this point forward.

3. Sig will have the P250 DCc on display, but it will remain vaporware.

4. Glock will have a single stack 45 of some sort....kinda a must since the intro of the XD 45.

5.  Kimber will be pimping the holy hell out of their poly frame KPD. It will tank, and be gone by 07

6. CZ-USA will intro an expanded line of Dan Wesson wheelguns and 1911s.

7. MKS/ Hi-Point will have the line of Charter Arms wheelguns back up and running, for who knows
   how long this time.

8. Smith will have a small number of Limited runs of No-Lock wheelguns, just to see if the antis raise
   hell.

9. I will puke my liver out if this happens.....

Sigarms will reveal a new polymer hi-cap receiver for the P-220.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Ah someone mentioned Smith...

I think they're going to rest all their laurels on their new(er) MP40, which, like most S&W semi-autos will eventually develop a bad reputation for reliability.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#11]

like most S&W semi-autos will eventually develop a bad reputation for reliability.

A wrongly deserved reputation, on most counts. The majorityof Smith autos, save the Ist Gen Sigma, are very relaible guns, and as good as any Euro gun on the market.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

like most S&W semi-autos will eventually develop a bad reputation for reliability.

A wrongly deserved reputation, on most counts. The majorityof Smith autos, save the Ist Gen Sigma, are very relaible guns, and as good as any Euro gun on the market.

true, but a reputation is a reputation, nevertheless.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I predict some really lame hunting cartridge that will either duplicate an existing cartridge or fill a gap that doesn't need filling.  Something like a 30 WSSM - all the power of a .308 Win in an action .25 inches shorter.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, I forgot one

10. I predict a new resurgence in the lever action rifle market. With the introduction of the Leverolution ammo, the 30-30, and perhaps 35 Whelen, can finally realize the accuracy they are capable of. I look for Marlin to build more Co-Pilot type pfferings, more full bore rifles than big bore carbines. I think the 30-30 is finally in a place that it can benefit from technology, rather than be outpaced by it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Some great points of view I am reading here....

Now has everyone fully calculated in S.397 and the firearms industry ?  

Will gun makers be more willing to push the envelope now that they will not be held responsible for ridiculous lawsuits ?

.... I am predicting NO !   I think that they will slowly come out of their shells.... but I still don't see any remarkable things
being released during the next SHOT that reflects the new bill passing.

I agree about the fad cartridge('s).... if the ammo makers were really smart they would just start making ammo that people are buying, there's a thought. It kinda makes me sick when they release these WSM's, etc... "Think 45GAP". When I heard about the 45GAP, I thought "why"... I still don't get it to be quite honest.

The coolest cartridge I have seen in a long time is the 5.7mm, while it does not replace the 9 & 10 mm love in my heart, it is still way ahead of all of these other "fad" cartridges, dare I say that it is here to stay
I guess that is why I have a PS90 on order  
The 5.7 will do very well in '06. I'm sure I will like it a Hell of a lot better than that useless .17HMR that I have...

BTW, I would really love to see Bushmaster release a piston upper, but I just don't think that they are heading in that direction. I was kinda hoping that they would go with one when they announced the "dropping" of their 308 & bullpup lines, but I don't see any pistons for '06. I could be wrong though  

I hope I am wrong about a lot of these predictions I have made...

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
5.  Kimber will be pimping the holy hell out of their poly frame KPD. It will tank, and be gone by 07

How do you say the kimber kpd?  Is it kimber Kimber Police Department?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Krappy Polymer Dog
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#18]
You're forgetting the HK45.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#19]
1. Rock River will show off their new 308 AR.

2. SIG will introduce their SIG Pro railed polymer pistols in 45.

3. HK will show the P3000, the 416, and the 417.

4. KAC will show the M110 rifle.

5. Beretta will show the RX4 and a polymer framed 92/96.

6. FNH USA will show the PS90, FS2000, and the SCAR variants.

7. Glock will push the 45GAP and have nothing new.

8. Remington will show their DPMS SASS rifle and it's outrageous price tag.

9. DPMS will start offering chrome lining.

10. Bushmaster will push the Carbon line, and have no other new developments except for maybe some new YHM products with their name on it.

11. Steyr will show their AUG A3 while shaking their heads at all of the people who think it's a US civilian model.

12. Armalite will show their SASS AR10, their new AR10 mags, and the new Cavalry Arms polymer lower recivers with an Armalite logo on them.

13. Rob Arms will show the XCR and give out more release dates.

14. Springfield Armory will show off 45GAP models which no one will be interested in.

15. Smith and Wesson will show their M&P pistol as well as a railed 1911.

16. Para will show their Caspian frame railed 1911's.

17. Wilson Combat will show their Caspian frame railed 1911's.

18. Unertl Ordnance will show their Caspian frame railed 1911's.

19. Some other super high dollar company will show their Caspian frame railed 1911's.

20. Some lower grade 1911 company will show their Caspian frame railed 1911's.

20. Caspian will show their railed 1911 frame.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#20]
5.56 pistols from more than Kel Tec.  

Magpul new stocks, two of them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Sig 55X
FN ARM
Glock "suprise"
and a bunch of other stuff.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
11. Steyr will show their AUG A3 while shaking their heads at all of the people who think it's a US civilian model.

I wouldn't count on Steyr showing much of anything, even LE only. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Some company will have a flashy booth with bold graphics showing sparks to sell nylon and elastic products.  

Some company will have an imposing booth with an altar like table where people can approach and get a cd and a job application.  

edited for shpelling.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sig 55X
FN ARM
Glock "suprise"
and a bunch of other stuff.

I, for one, pray for the announcement of a civilian ARM, with a realistic time table.

I would love a Sig 55X.... but that damn SCAR is growing on me so much  

Maybe FN will shock the hell out of us with a late '06 delivery date, mwhahahaha.  Ha.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Glock will debut it's M1911  Figuring if they cant beat em they may as well join em
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I still say that the Sig 55x will never happen...thats my biggest and most sure guess for SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Hmmmm....

my predictions are nearly the same as everyones:

1: Glock and H and K will continue to ignore the mind numbingly high demand for single stack guns...thereby denying themselves about a gagillion bucks in profit.  Instead they'll keep trying to shove more new and useless techno-crap down everyone's throat.

2: poor Alex Robinson will have a trained parrot perched on the barrel of a pre production XCR saying the phrase "two weeks...TWO weeks" in order to preserve his own voice.....

3: Smith and Wesson, who nearly brought themselves from certain doom, will begin the backwards slide towards the inferno....only their 7/8th's assed 1911 and the giant X frame revolver will keep them from an assured infinity in hell....

4: FN and the FN2000, the PS90 and 5.7 Pistol will, despite that ridiculous bullet in the two latter weapons, be the cocks of the walk....and rightly so.  It seems only FN is listening to anyone in the American market.

5: the things that the Arizona Crew does in the off hours will be whispered about for the next 364.5 days will a mix of shock, awe, fear and moral condemnation.    I love those guys.....

6: I will be stuck at work and miss another Shot Show.........
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#28]
SHOT Show 2006! Humor

1) Chinese arms companies Norinco and Poly Tech show up with knock offs of all other manufacturers latest offerings but at cut rate prices. Hey, they are supposed to be putting Detroit out of business according to the news.

2) S&W decides to get into the AR market and re-release the .356TSW version with 32rd mag.

3)Jennings, Lorcin, Bryco, and Phoenix Arms start making quality firearms that don't blow your hand off on the first pull of the trigger.

4)BATFE says that NFA was misinterpreted and you can now reconvert your semi's into full autos and SBR's.

5)Janet Reno..dressed in a strap-on and garters will take the podium and announce her run for NRA President with Sarah Brady as her running mate.

6)President Bush will announce that US forces have Damascus and Tehran under siege and Osama has converted to the Church of Scientology.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#29]
SIG will debut the new milled-steel slide P220 (confirmed, actually), however they will still not offer it in 10mm (prediction)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:31:39 AM EDT
[#30]
An un-named Middle-East country will set up a factory stateside to produce SVDs for public consumption:

Forgings will be made overseas, but all machine work will be done here. Workforce will be comprised largely of illegal aliens and immigrants on work visas to keep costs at a minimum.

Several manufacturers will offer new colored furniture in Coyote, as well as other hues, to meet current trends and customer demand:

A not-so-new trend will be revitalised, with the introduction of several new bullpup designs:

Some of these will borrow perceived popular features from other successful weapon systems.

At least one manufacturer will offer add-on "skins" for the AR, making it look all modern and futuristic:
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#31]
That French "Papop" system looks like a Stanley Steamer attachment...........Since I cant go to the Shot Show, I will just have to look at the pics, but if FN and Sig both come out with an FN ARM and Sig the 55X series, I will have a tough time deciding............and probably buy the FN
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#33]
lol me too :) lol
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Colt is going to show its HK-91 copy (with a three round mag) cost around $10,000.  Janet Reno will be the hot babe with her finger on the trigger trying to sell it.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Glock already has a single stack....
G 36
I am hopping for a carbine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Remingtion will show their 105 CTi semiauto shotgun
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
An un-named Middle-East country will set up a factory stateside to produce SVDs for public consumption:
images12.fotki.com/v254/photos/2/262472/1782896/shotshowsvdjpeg-vi.jpg
Forgings will be made overseas, but all machine work will be done here. Workforce will be comprised largely of illegal aliens and immigrants on work visas to keep costs at a minimum.

oh how I wish, but with arsenal inc or izmash doing it and no illegal aliens.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I still say that the Sig 55x will never happen...thats my biggest and most sure guess for SHOT.

I guarantee in the next year or two you will eat those words. I've spoken to sig numerous times over the 550. it's coming........ be patient, quit being negative-nancy
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#40]
What is this "huge demand" for single stack plastic-fantastic?  You do realize that 100 enthusiasts on a website don't equal demand, right?  Hell, you're not even the market for these companies.  It's the average dummy that walks into a gunshop and buys a Glock to stick in the bottom of his sock drawer for all eternity and the LE market that they worry about.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
1. Rock River will show off their new 308 AR.

2. SIG will introduce their SIG Pro railed polymer pistols in 45.

3. HK will show the P3000, the 416, and the 417.

4. KAC will show the M110 rifle.

5. Beretta will show the RX4 and a polymer framed 92/96.

6. FNH USA will show the PS90, FS2000, and the SCAR variants.

7. Glock will push the 45GAP and have nothing new.

8. Remington will show their DPMS SASS rifle and it's outrageous price tag.

9. DPMS will start offering chrome lining.

10. Bushmaster will push the Carbon line, and have no other new developments except for maybe some new YHM products with their name on it.

12. Armalite will show their SASS AR10, their new AR10 mags, and the new Cavalry Arms polymer lower recivers with an Armalite logo on them.

13. Rob Arms will show the XCR and give out more release dates.

14. Springfield Armory will show off 45GAP models which no one will be interested in.

15. Smith and Wesson will show their M&P pistol as well as a railed 1911.

16. Para will show their Caspian frame railed 1911's.

17. Wilson Combat will show their Caspian frame railed 1911's.

18. Unertl Ordnance will show their Caspian frame railed 1911's.

19. Some other super high dollar company will show their Caspian frame railed 1911's.

20. Some lower grade 1911 company will show their Caspian frame railed 1911's.

20. Caspian will show their railed 1911 frame.

I agree with just about everything you said about the rifles (not a huge pistol fan and don't follow them much).

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#42]
What is all of this talk about a RRA .308?

This is the first I have heard of this. Any links?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=38&t=149279

I hope to pry some details out of the head armorer the last weekend of this month at a gunshow.

Hopefully, I'll get some inside details

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#44]
I will say this..............when SIG does come out with a 550 series rifle, I am gonna have a tough time choosing between it and the FN ARM rifle.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Based on some new info I just read;

US produced AUG in .223 and 9mm by mid-2007.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn.........where did you hear that? It just makes my decision even harder now...........should I get an AUG, a SIG 550 series or an FN ARM..........

Quoted:

WIZZO

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I predict...

Someone will come out with another clone of the AR/M4 tactical civilian rifle with all kinds of rails and stuff hanging on it.

Someone will come out with another 1911 clone, because we all know how hard it is to find one of those.

Someone will introduce a plastic frame 9mm pistol that is a clone of something else.

Someone will introduce a huge revolver in .600 caliber  because, well, they can.

And finally...

Someone will introduce a .15 caliber magnum rimfire because we all know we can't live without another worthless rimfire cartrige to shoot in our 10/22s/

Oh, and I predict a feeble, arogant  and confused Jeff Cooper will continue to push his scout rifle concept and remind everyone that the 1911 is the only real pistol.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#48]
My prediction......everyone will be disappointed
lets hope im not psychic
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=38&t=149279

I hope to pry some details out of the head armorer the last weekend of this month at a gunshow.

Hopefully, I'll get some inside details

WIZZO

Thanks, keep it up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Damn.........where did you hear that? It just makes my decision even harder now...........should I get an AUG, a SIG 550 series or an FN ARM..........

Quoted:

WIZZO

Look in the Team forum.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top