Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 2:55:11 AM EDT
Are these things any good?  The price is right, but I'm not interested in something that's going to rattle loose and fall apart.

Thanks,
Robert
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
got any pics?

they make several different models.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't figure out how to add pics to a post on here, or for that matter how to make a link active.  So here's the best that I can do.  It's a small picture, but it should let you know what I'm looking at.

Robert

http://www.butlercreek.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=3378565&catky=1513485&subcatky1=4548839&subcatky2=6582910
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, that sounds like what I'm looking for...and WAY cheaper than getting my hands on a Ruger factory stock.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit I had bid on that, I wan't going over 360 though

I was the high bidder when I left home.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:14:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Good lord, for that money I might have to sell mine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#9]
They usually go for around 400-500ish. Try walking around a gunshow with one and see how many people you will meet...!

Here's another...

www.sarcoinc.com/ruger-mini.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
got any pics?

They work fine.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the responses.  Is the Butler Creek folder any longer regarding length of pull than the factory stock?

I'm still in shock over the $610 selling price.  Wally World sells the whole Mini 14 or Mini 30 for less than that!  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#12]
The BC folder is superior to the factory Ruger folding stock. While cool looking, the Ruger stocks tend to get sloppy, especially after twenty years of abuse. Functionally, the BC is a much better stock. You should notice a slight accuracy increase when you install the BC stock as its much tighter than the OEM stock....its almost like bedding. I have a BC stock for me LEO GB that I install when I use the Mini for my "truck gun"....its compact and functional, but I HATE it.
I hate the cold steel on my face in the cold, even in the summer its uncomfortable. It also looks queer with 20 round magazines. With 30 or 40 round mags, it looks hard, but I only have four factory 30's....Its the best folder for the Mini, but I prefer the standard Ruger stock or the Choate E2 pistol grip stock. The Choate folder is also an excellent stock...but is fugly and inferior to the BC in my opinion. Performance wise, you will not be disapointed. It locks up solid and folds smoothly. I bought a key ring at Ace hardware so I can attach my Blackhawk single point, which makes shooting while folded almost effective....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Who made the original "Ruger factory" folding stock for Ruger, wasn't it Choate?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:05:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Aggeed with Ryno_the_wyno above. I took my Butler Creek off years ago as it didn't work well for me. The extra space saved by the folding of the stock is worthless in the back of my truck anyway as the standard synthetic stock sits just fine back there.

To each his own.  My truck(GMC Jimmy) has enough space when the rear seat is folded forward/down, to store a folding stocked Mini under the plastic "flap" that covers the seat belt area between the rear floor and folded seat back.  Very secure, very "covert", and out of the way until needed.  But I understand how "stock fit" is quite personal, and for some the BC might not be desireable.  I've been running one for over ten years with satisfaction.

Paladin

gratuitous picture of my Ruger equipped for the impending Zombie Dog invasion here in Texas(actually, it has already started!)

editted to correct spelling
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top