Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 4:00:15 PM EDT
I don't know if this belong in this thread but I just thought everyone would like to know that they do exist and they were shipped.  Here is a thread on the "fiveseven" forum:

http://fivesevenforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1388
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.

Max
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't know if this belong in this thread but I just thought everyone would like to know that they do exist and they were shipped.  Here is a thread on the "fiveseven" forum:

fivesevenforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1388

HOTLINK POLICE!

Don't worry sir, we're here to help!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, those are nice............too bad I cant afford one
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
NoAim,

Thanks for the link.  

When I first saw the P90, I thought they were ugly and unproven and was severely pizzed-off when I learned that they would be replacing our MP5's with the P90's.

I have since used the P90 a bit with the agency that I used to work for.  The P90 is totally awesome.  I even bought one of those airsoft guns for training and it was real close to the real thing.

During my initial experience with the P90, we fired an 800 round transition course over a week, firing from all positions and on the move using different modes, I had a fist-sized group and most everyone else had about the same.  

I didn't ever want to stop shooting the P90.  We weren't allowed a miss during qualifications, sooooo time permitting I would throw one over the right shoulder of the silhouette, so I could shoot again.  Others caught on and started doing the same.

The P90s never had a malfunction.  We had a couple different modifications done by FN to bring them up to our specs, but they were pretty minor stuff.

The sling we used was from slingsystem.com and they are totally awesome.

I will be saving my pennies for one even though I don't really need one.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The word I received concerning the chance of a PS-90TR was as follows:

The PS-90 will not be available in a triple rail.  But you can get the following rail that replaces the sight.  Then you can put what ever sight you want on it.  Thr rail is called the PS-90/P-90 M1913 USG Rail (#3819400120).  Also if you need a side rail you can use the (#3819999998).

Although I'm still doubtful about the commercial pipeline of 5.7 being sufficient to mitigate its price, I still like the thing & would consider throwing down for it if the price could drop to ~$200/case.  That said, I've never been partial to tritium-powered sights (although the MC10-90 is reportedly a quality sight) because the inevitable decrease in lumenicity over time.  This makes such sights essentially disposable units.  The only way to mount an Aimpoint is via the drop-in alloy rail on the std. platform, & would raise it substantially higher above the boreline - something I don't particularly relish.  I really wish there was some way to replace that platform w/ the triple rail.

Anyone care to enlighten me to the contrary?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#6]
No, you just about summed it up correctly...there is no info to the contrairy.

But the Ringsights MC 10-80 is a good rugged ,and 15 years proven sight with that system.
and the triduim can be replaced on the unit.....it has no moving parts to break either. made in England.

www.ringsights.com/Products/sights/SightsDesc/MC-10-80.htm
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I will wait till I get my class III and just get the P90 with the normal barrel.
http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/guns_525px/fn_tw_p90_r.gif
or just the AR upper from www.rhinelandarms.com/
uses the P90s 50 round mag and ejects the emptys out the mag well on the standerd AR lower
http://www.rhinelandarms.com/57/pics/57proto3.jpg
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#8]
What ever you do is fine, but a P90 is a "post may 1986 dealer sample", you will have to have a demo letter from a law enforcement agency to order it on your CLASS III
and you cant keep it if your license expires....it works out to just a loaner in the long run.
CMMG is going to produce a SBR barrel and flash hider for the PS90 that puts it back to P90 barrel wise and will cost in the neiborhood of 300.00...+ 200.00/ATF Form 1 to use it. but at least you get to keep it.

Nothing wrong with buying the Rhineland AR57 either.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:16:49 AM EDT
[#9]
there was a wholesale Co up here called Federal Arms Corperation that had them instock for $14 hundred and somthin....they said all you needed was a class three.
corse they went out of buisness this summber.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#10]
All you needed was a Class 3 and a LE demo letter.  No letter, no gun.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
there was a wholesale Co up here called Federal Arms Corperation that had them instock for $14 hundred and somthin....they said all you needed was a class three.
corse they went out of buisness this summber.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think I will wait till I get my class III and just get the P90 with the normal barrel.
www.fnhusa.com/contents/guns_525px/fn_tw_p90_r.gif
or just the AR upper from www.rhinelandarms.com/
uses the P90s 50 round mag and ejects the emptys out the mag well on the standerd AR lower
www.rhinelandarms.com/57/pics/57proto3.jpg

You have a fundamental mis-understanding about machineguns and short barelled rifles in the United States.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I was browsing another board and saw a dealer that claimed to have 9 left available for shipping at a price about $400 higher than most everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#14]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top