Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 7:41:34 AM EDT
Winchester Super Short Magnum 223, reported 4100fps, does anbody make an AR upper in this caliber? winchester also has a  wssm243  how would you make an AR that could chamber the wssm, if an upper wasn't commercially available? Seems like it would be one hell of a round for an AR. A 243wssm, would make a pretty could deer round also, and I would feel better about hunting with my AR, currently hunt with styer 300wm, it is a little overkill, but I like overkill vs tracking a wounded animal for hours after dark, never had to track a deer futher than 10 feet with the 300.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Olympic Arms does (not yet listed in their catalog). I saw several at the last gunshow.

Talk to Steve at J&S or 360-888-7932. I think I saw 4 two/three weeks ago.

Of course at that velocity the barrels won't last as long.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I have found that OA does offer wssm 243, in a varmit upper, and have an email enroute to them for information on their entire line of wssm. This caliber, seems to have some very good ballistic properties, and you can use your current 223 mags, with the exeption of the 100 gr. 243, Thanks again for the reply. Alan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top