Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 1:19:24 AM EDT
Holy COW...what a day...I spent the whole damn day tearing down and rebuilding/rerefitting a 1911 kit gun from the frame up.  WHEW!!!!  Been a while since I've done that.....but I got it done...mostly.  My fingers were KILLIN' me from all of the filing, fitting, polishing etc.  I still have to blast it and repark it later in the week.......but tomorrow...oh, wait, TODAY ( it's 3:15 a.m. )....I have to test fire it and tech any problems. ( function checks well )

soooo, after the 1911 show it was off to a Christmas party where my buddy gets HAMMERED and then buys a Lavander upper...a stock set and some other goodies and I've just spent the last part of the evening redoing the lower to A1 configuration and fitting on one HELL of a tight battle grip....or ergo grip....one of those thingies.....

WHEW!!!!!  

only in Arizona.......
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:01:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got an old Lorcin that needs a new firing pin. I have a piece of bar stock, can you file me a new firing pin? Don't want to buy a new one. Really need the pin draw filed from bar stock. Let me know where to send the bar stock and a check for $10.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've got an old Lorcin that needs a new firing pin. I have a piece of bar stock, can you file me a new firing pin? Don't want to buy a new one. Really need the pin draw filed from bar stock. Let me know where to send the bar stock and a check for $10.

arrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!  DRAW FILED?!?!?!?  FROM BARSTOCK?!?!?!?

ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

[fingers begin to bleed]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quit whining and get to work.

I know how you feel though. People call at work and ask the craziest questions. I thought some of the dealers had some crazy stories, but the questions a firearms manufacturer gets are unreal.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Pics?
....of your 1911, that is!  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top