Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 6:30:33 PM EDT
What's a good place to get a barrel threaded?

I've got a suppressor inbound, and am looking to get a few rifles and pistols threaded.

I checked with ADCO, and they only thread stripped barrels.

I contacted AR15barrels.com, and they also only do barrels or non-firearms.

I have dealt with KKF in the past, and may go that route.

Any other options?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Noveske Gunworks in Oregon does it. They are the only ones guaranteed by AAC
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Noveske things are works of art. A bit pricey, but nevertheless good.

Mark @ TROS here in Clackamas (Oregon) is where I'm getting two .22's threaded.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure that the person who does the threading does it concentric to the bore, not the outside of the barrel. Many barrels have bores that are not perfectly centered. If the threads are off, it could cause a baffle strike. I would recommend using a suppressor manufacturer to do the threading. I've had SRT thread a Ruger 77/22 barrel as well as one for a Remington 700. Not to mention that SRT's owner is a great guy, and posts here on Arfcom under the screen name AZDoug.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Lauer Weaponry threaded a barrel for me a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Check this out. He said he'd cut and thread a 9mm barrel for $50.00. If you send him the complete upper it's $90.00...

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=316363
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top