Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 6:30:57 PM EDT
I've got a good amount of money saved and I'm thinking of saving more money for a FS2000 or AUG.

What makes these guns worth the price?

I'm not going to pre-order a F2000 - a gun that hardly anyone has ever handled but, I might start saving for it...

The trigger pull looks like it is going to be horrible!

I've actually had the chance to shoot a full-auto AUG and I was very impressed.

I'd like to hear some opinions about both guns in general.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
AUG parts are uber expensive now, if you can find them. I've had 2 and sold them for handsome profits.

I handled a 2000, I like it a lot. It looks a bit clunky, but handles really nice. I'm going to get one after I score a P90.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
AUG parts are uber expensive now, if you can find them. I've had 2 and sold them for handsome profits.

I handled a 2000, I like it a lot. It looks a bit clunky, but handles really nice. I'm going to get one after I score a P90.

Do you think that will change since Steyr is offering AUGs for sale in the US?

www.impactguns.com/store/STEYR-AUGA3-16.html
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Steyr may offer a US made Aug, it's not definite.

But the Aug beats the P90 anyday.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Steyr may offer a US made Aug, it's not definite.

But the Aug beats the P90 anyday.

So... Impact Guns is just taking money at this time?

My question is, does the F2000 beat the AUG and does it beat the AR15?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have handled the FS2000 and did not particularly like it.   It felt swolen and clunky.   The forearm did not give me a sense of a firm hold.   My opinion is that someone from the art department designed the gun and the engineers put a firearm inside.  I would rather have rails instead of the forearm that they provide.

That said, I would really like to have some range time with it, maybe with some time it would grow on me.  From what I have read, FN is going to be the only bullpup game in town.  I would drop $ on an aug in a heartbeat if they get produced here in the states, but I think the odds are very long that we civies will get our hands on any factory new AUGs any time soon.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#6]
AUGs aren't coming to the US within the next year anyway, if ever.

So that pretty much limits your choices.

Impact Guns is not taking money for pre-orders. They're just slapping your name on a list. They do that all the time for stuff that has little chance of ever coming in.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I spoke to Karl at Steyr and there are zero plans for importing the AUG or making it here. Impact is well known for taking pre orders on things like this. They are really assembling a wish list. AUG prices have come down some, and the magazines are definitely cheaper nowdays. Ive used the AUG alot and like it. It is a super reliable and accurate rifle and the quick change barrel is the best in the business. The only negative on the AUG is you are limited in your sighting options as there is no rail. That doesnt bother me as the standard AUG is equipped with an excellent Swarovski made 1.5 optical sight, which is replaceable. You can purchase a USR, which is a (limited) post ban AUG and does have the A2 picatinny rail under the optical sight. All the parts are interchangeable with the AUG.

Ive not seen the FN product, but until it actually appears in quantity, I dont think its that realistic. The AUG has been in Austrian Bundesheer service since the late 70s and has proven to be reliable. I've been buying magazines for 35-40 dollars lately which is not bad at all.

The other 5.56 weapon Ive been very impressed with is the HK G36. I used one overseas a good bit and have had two built here. They  are available as conversions from SL8's here but run 2500+ in general. This weapon has been in Bundeswehr service since 1995 and has proven to be extremely reliable and accurate. It is a modular weapon, you can swap mag wells in about 15 seconds and use M16 magazines if you wish. It also has a variety of rails, etc so you can put about any sight you want on it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The FN FS2000 and PS90 WILL be sold in the US. Look for final pricing after the Shot show '06.

I'm waaaaaaaaaaaay down on the list for the PS90 but there's no rush since I'm waiting for mag prices and ammo prices to fall. The FS2000, OTOH, should be ready to go since I have a decent supply of .223 and mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top