Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 6:11:21 AM EDT
I just put in an order for an AAC Defender for my UMP Clone and was wondering if you guys knew of anyone who would make an adapter for my Tactical. My idea is to make a UMP barrel flange that would screw onto the Tactical's threaded barrel.

Is Shockwave still making the flanges?

Does anyone have any contact info for them?

Does anyone know the thread size on the Tactical?

Any ideas on who might help me out?

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Could AAC make one for you? They'll be familiar with both thread patterns and a suppressor manufacturer would be your best bet for getting the threads concentric to the bore. I have a suppressed Tactical, but don't know what thread size it is offhand.

I would have probably went the reverse of what you are doing. I would have gotten the suppressor threaded for the Tactical, then had an adapter made to use it on the UMP. That way, you don't have the added weight of an adapter hanging on the end of the Tactical's barrel.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree but it was an afterthought. I'm also told that the Tactical needs a recoil booster that the UMP does not. I guess I'll have to be happy with just a silenced UMP .

Thanks for the imput!

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top