Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 8:32:08 PM EDT
Has anyone heard of the gun safe mfg Yukon? I think that is the name. It's one of the brands Sportsmans Warehouse stocks.

I was in there tonight and they had a good sized 530lbs, combination lock, Yukon Gold safe for $699.99. Seems pretty beefy, and the price was pretty reasonable. I googled them but I can't find anything about them on the net. Is this a good safe?

They also had a Browning Bronze XT model, similar in size to the Yukon, for $799.99. I think this safe was previously purchased and then returned. The interior had a small stain on the floor and there were a few nicks in the paint, which look to have rusted over.

So does the Yukon sound like a good buy?

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I went back to the store today for a second look. The safe is made by Yukon Gold model # YG6322F it's 60x30x22 12/24 gun safe. Fire rated for 30 minutes at 1200 degrees. Tag said it's 550lbs. Price is $699.99

Sound like a good buy?

Edit: I can hardly find anything on the net about these safes. I am starting to think it may be a budget line produced by Browning?  Can anybody verify this?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I almost bought that safe! It is made by "Pro Steel" IIRC who made the Browning safe I ended up buying. I believe it is a great safe for the money and it had a better/more durrable finish then my Browning. The Browning was $300 more then the Yukon but then a sale poped up and they were the same price so I got the Browning but can't tell you which is the better safe. I'd feel good with my guns in the Yukon for sure! It seems like a solid safe!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I finally was able to find an archived thread on thehighroad and confirmed that Yukon is made by Browning/Pro Steel.

I went into GI Joes today and they had some real nice Remington Safes, which are made by Liberty.

The Remington 630 series safe is pretty temping. GI Joes had it for $1099.99. Has a nice 3 spoke handle, made out of 10 gauge steel (vs 12ga on the Yukon safe), and it's 2.5" deeper. It sure was pretty in gloss black.  So for $400 more I can have a slightly bigger safe made out of thicker steel, and has a much nicer finish.

This is a hard decision.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:04:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Always go bigger.  The collection needs room to expand.

Max
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
OK so I went back to GI Joes today and took the pluge. I am now the owner of a Remington (Liberty) 630 series gloss black safe. I will be back to pick it up tomorrow. Tag was marked $1099 but the safe had a couple small dings from where the door closed with the bolts open(floor model safe). So I got them to give me a 10% discount so a little under $990 all together.

How did I do?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats a good price.  What size safe?

Max
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The safe is a 630 model, here's the link: www.remington.com/products/licensed_products/safes/630_series.asp  I got her in gloss black.

It's a 60.5"x30"x24.5" 26 gun safe. I bought this over a similar Browning because this one is made of 10 gauge steel, versus Brownings 12 gauge steel.

Unloading and moving into the house was easier than expected, especially with two helpers.

When I bought the safe GI Joes moved it into their back storage room, which isn't heated very well. The plan was for me to return the next day for pick up. So I did, and I got them to forklift the safe into our truck bed. After I had it all tied down I noticed the Remington sticker on the lock dial had began to peel off a little bit. Actually it appeared that the adhesive behind it was cold and had become "unsticky."  I brought this to their attention. The employee who sold me the safe made a comment that they had already given me $110 bucks off, and "it was nothing a little glue wouldn't fix."

I was pissed! I told them to bring the fork lift back out here as I was going  be to return the safe. The guy was like WTF over a sticker? So I told them I had just bought a $1000 dollar safe, and nothing about it should need gluing. I may have been over reacting a little, but it's a freaking thousand dollar safe for crying out loud.

So the guy told me to hang on, and 5 minutes later they come out with their apologies and a $100 dollar gift card!! Went pissed to happy in half a second.

Once I got the safe into the house the adhesive warmed itself up and now it sticks just fine!!

So what should I buy with my gift card?

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Medication?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Medication?

Isn't that what my insurance is for?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Isn't that what my insurance is for?

I don't think they cover "Black Rifle Disease".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top