Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 5:26:54 PM EDT
I should have checked my cell phone messages. Turnes out that it came in last week, but since I didn't check the messages I didn't get the "your gun is here" message until yesterday.

The fit and finish are impressive. Definitely worth the wait. The dealer had it on order for 10 months, and last month he told me about it. After thinking for all of about .2 seconds I put the money down to hold it for me.

Sticking with the rules...here are some pictures!!

Yes, it's HEAVY!!

And yes I know its not a shoulder fired weapon

-Derek

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet, nice rifle.hug.gif  Did you get it at a good price?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
.50 BMG and "good price" hardly go togther...but all things considered I didn't do too bad. Out the door it was 2,750.

Quoted:
sweet, nice rifle.  Did you get it at a good price?

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Does Jen know you bought it yet?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Now put some good glass on it.
I'm thinking this IOR.
www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03t
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
haha...well...about 3 months ago I said that I was done buying guns for this year. Then this came along. She was pretty understanding to the whole not wanting to wait 10 months to get another...so she was ok with me getting this one. If I get another gun i'll have to hide it till January 1st though

-Derek

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Trigger finger discipline

Other than that, a sweet rifle!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Thatll getcha some tasty marmots!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

yea, you dont wnat that boy goin off in the house (or any other for that matter)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag for range report
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yea, you dont wnat that boy goin off in the house (or any other for that matter)

Yeah, and the way he's holding it would leave him on his ass with the stock of the gun sticking into the wall behind him
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
haha...well...about 3 months ago I said that I was done buying guns for this year. Then this came along. She was pretty understanding to the whole not wanting to wait 10 months to get another...so she was ok with me getting this one. If I get another gun i'll have to hide it till January 1st though

-Derek

Quoted:

So which one of you gets a point on the scorecard on the friDge?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It's the camera angle...I had to zoom in to make sure that it wasn't on the trigger...I would be pissed at myself if it was...

So which one of you gets a point on the scorecard on the friDge?

I would say me...but in time it will go to her...she'll get me back for buying this one...its just a matter of time

-Derek  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It's the camera angle...I had to zoom in to make sure that it wasn't on the trigger...I would be pissed at myself if it was...

Yeah, God forbid you have your finger on the trigger of your new rifle that you might have only checked a half dozen times for ammo.

I'm as big a fan of firearm safety as anyone else, but some of you fockers need to lighten up. You wannna take a pic of yourself with a weapon you know  is unloaded and have checked, and have your finger on the trigger? Knock yourself out, and don't let anyone give you any shit about it.

Cool rifle though, from the uni and haircut I'm guessing military? FRA or FWA? Or neither?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Chairforce.....ahem....im in the Airforce

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Chairforce.....ahem....im in the Airforce

Ah, I see. I did my time at Fort Rich from '00 til '02 (damn, has it been that long?). Spent plenty of time on Elmendorf and  was on Eilson a few times off and on.

Spent many a night in the Alaskan woods cussing myself  for not joining the Chairforce instead.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Im gonna try to go to AK next enlistment, Ill be indef so I gotta get it while I can...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Post pic of your first bear, make sure hes a big one!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I shot an AR-50 last year, and still haven't lost the urge to buy one. I guess I'm going to have to give in and buy one myself.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to the club!

Had mine going on 3 years, it's a blast.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top