Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 3:23:03 PM EDT
I was thinking about adding a scope to my great uncles war trophy but I didn't want to drill and tap it. I was think about adding a new stock like the scout stock with the built in scope mount from center fire systems and I was wonder if that stock will hold zero? 70 bucks doesn't sound that bad if it will hold zero and not be a POS.

Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it that synthetic stock that looks like the Steyr Scout?

If so, then it is a POS and it wont hold zero.

Get the scope mount that goes in the bracket for the rear sight.  I forget the name but you can find them on the surplus collector and milsurp forums.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
http://64.226.66.194/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CSI&Category_Code=MAU

The one at the bottom. But would any of these work?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
keep your great uncles war trophy as it is. spend $100 for a turkish mauser drill and tap it and what ever else you would like.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking the same thing. Go to the link and the top rifle is a 98k with a new stock. Do you think it is worth the 150? I do but I need some confirmation.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy a $150 yugo M48 and leave your uncles $700 war trophy alone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top