Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 11:59:50 AM EDT
Looking for a scope for a Remington 660 carbine in .308?  I've just put a Weaver base and Leupold rings on it.  What scope power for it, fixed 4x or should I go with 3-6/9x variable power.  I'm leaning toward the fixed power.

Specs as bought
Remington 660 Carbine
18" Barrel / iron sights
Monte Carlo / Mannlicher style stock - fully bedded
1" Sling Swivels
1" Uncle Mikes M1907 style sling
After Market trigger - Mgf unknown

Specs as of now
1 1/4" Sling swivels
Cheap WalMart M1907 style sling
Weaver base
Leupold See-Thru rings

Will be adding
Turner Saddlery M1907 style sling
Metal trigger guard / base plate
Scope

I don't have any specific use for it, it's just a project gun.  But would make a good hunting rifle if I need something short and light.

So, if it were your rifle what scope power.  I'm not looking for any brands to go with, just scope power.

Thanks

Brent

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My 660 was a great pointing rifle, and I think that if I still had it, there'd be a 1.5-4X or a fixed scope in the 2X range on it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#2]
My 660 is in 350 Magnum with a Weaver 3x9 Variable, European single post sight. Bought it new in the late 60's. I'd go with a variable, unless you are consistantly in close cover. For that I use either my .243 or 6mm with iron sights.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one in 308 years ago. It was topped with a straight 8x Weaver that I bought second hand.
I miss that rifle. Stolen many years ago.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I had one in 308 years ago. It was topped with a straight 8x Weaver that I bought second hand.
I miss that rifle. Stolen many years ago.

Damn, gun thieves should be shot, really!

Last week or so a local retired doctor passed away and he had a big collection of guns.  Within 2 HOURS of his passing away all of his guns disapeared!?!?   And most of his collection was high end target rifles.

Worse yet he lived 3 blocks away!

But I don't advertise I have guns either.  It was well known he collected guns around town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top